The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I would be interested in the legal standing of the 'co-efficient' idea. Seems like it might have some problems with competition law, but obviously I'm not a lawyer, just speculating.

I'd say it is legal alright as in theory it's based on performance and open for anyone to get to the top. It would just take either a lot of time, a lot of money or both. FFP on the other hand is clearly illegal. It was very surprising Man City dropped the case they were supporting in Belgium, my guess is they realised they were already at the top table so FFP would benefit them to stop other clubs doing what they did. 

How can a team improve its coefficient sufficiently without playing well in european competitions? Wouldn;t the fact that Team A is in the 'champions league' mean they keep a higher coefficient than Team B even if finsihing below them in the league year on year?

I mean, I'm sure that's exactly what they want but they could at least try and make it a bit less blatant.

no other thread to put this but will put it in here as society is gone to shit as well as the game. Angel Di Maria was subbed for PSG at the weekend as his home was robbed with his family inside. Not the 1st attack on footballers in recent weeks and not the 1st on Di Maria in recent years

Apparently it’s happened to quite a few PSG players in recent years. Di Maria is particularly unlucky as it happened when in Manchester when he was there too. PSG have now got 24/7 security for the players and their homes I’d imagine going forward that will be a normal protocol to have. 

I'm just surprised players dont have security on their houses already. With the money they earn they can afford to have a security lad knocking around. Especially when they are away playing matches. 

Shouldn't have to of course but that's the state of law and order we have these days.

38 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'm just surprised players dont have security on their houses already. With the money they earn they can afford to have a security lad knocking around. Especially when they are away playing matches. 

Shouldn't have to of course but that's the state of law and order we have these days.

You would think for all the money they make for them it would be one of the only things an agent should be organising

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

in what could be a sign of things to come the Belgian and Dutch leagues have agreed to merge. Think waiting UEFA approval

That's pretty huge if it happens. I'm not sure if it will do much for the actual strength of the league but its something you'd previously think impossible.

No doubt Celtic and Rangers will be piping up soon.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, villa89 said:

I'm sure some footballers have security, but I guess some simply don't want to do it.

Unless you have been burgled, having security on your estate, a family home with kids where you should feel safe, is not the optimal solution.

I wouldn't want anyone (security included) to be at my property, but I understand it might be a necessity for some. 

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

at least Wenger has sense for his plan unlike Agnelli but its still bullshit

World cup happening every 4 years is exactly the reason why it's so special and important. I don't care a player will only play in it once or twice - it's about countries and a long history and tradition, not neymar or raheem sterling. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

World cup happening every 4 years is exactly the reason why it's so special and important. I don't care a player will only play in it once or twice - it's about countries and a long history and tradition, not neymar or raheem sterling. 

Would give Messi a couple of extra tries to put that one niggling doubt about his GOAT status to rest though.

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

They play the Ice Hockey World Cup every year and it's rubbish. It's a nothing tournament these days. The Olympic hockey tournament is every 4th year and that's the one that matters.

Granted part of it is that most of the best players in the world are busy playing in the NHL play offs when the WC is played.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Would give Messi a couple of extra tries to put that one niggling doubt about his GOAT status to rest though.

There was Maradona, now there is Messi. The beauty of the game is that somewhere in Buenos Aires there is a 7 year old that will be the next great thing :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

There was Maradona, now there is Messi. The beauty of the game is that somewhere in Buenos Aires there is a 7 year old that will be the next great thing :)

Hopefully his hero is Emi Martinez and wants to play for Villa 😉

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Exactly. Competition will get devalued if its every 2 years. I'm already struggling with the fact its going to be held in Qatar, in winter. 

• Like 2

To be fair he's exactly what that squad needs... More **** right backs... 

But in seriousness James and TAA are both out of form, both should go to the euros and be the best RB there but nether will, the problem is if Southagte doesn't drop them but still calls up trippier, ayling or a.n.other

Shit thing for us is cash must have been close if ayling is getting called up, I don't watch Leeds (!) but they concede loads of goals, not sure if it's him 

Â