The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

surely that’s no quicker than a coach?

I'm not sure of the logistics but I agree. A coach to the airport in Manchester, a 15 min flight (after all the checks etc) then landing in the East Mids (I assume it was that airport unless it was a private airfield) then a coach to Leicester.

Like you say, it can't have saved that much time and has a huge negative impact on the environment. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm not sure of the logistics but I agree. A coach to the airport in Manchester, a 15 min flight (after all the checks etc) then landing in the East Mids (I assume it was that airport unless it was a private airfield) then a coach to Leicester.

Like you say, it can't have saved that much time and has a huge negative impact on the environment. 

Yep, they did it because they could.

On 10/12/2017 at 18:33, Zatman said:

Yanmar - Manchester United official tractor supplier

I always remember about 5 years ago villa releasing a statement that we had teamed up with walkers as our official crisp partner. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Xela said:

These 'super' agents like Mendes and Raiola

Wish they'd **** off back into the hole they crawled out of. 

The clubs are as bad for paying them.

They need to walk away, they are literally writing their own cheques, or as has been suggested the player pays their fees. 

• Like 1

Three things that piss me off about football.

1. Simulation. Its an emphasis on a player's own lack of talent and skill to try and deceive the referee, and it is just pure gutlessness. Even when Young was doing it for us, it was embarrassing.

2. FIFA. I understand there is a lot of money in the game, but when corruption reaches a point that it is expected, that is disgraceful. Or despite it being pretty obvious, such as Russia and Qatar as world cup venues, nothing is done to rectify it, but instead work around it.

3. The PFA. Has taken away the balance in the mutual agreement between a club and a footballer. If a player does not supply his side of the bargain by not playing to the best of his ability, or harms the reputation of the club, then that should be considered a breach of contract, and the club should have the right to tell the player to f### off without any right to compensation. If anything, the player should be fined before being let go. And the PFA should stay out of it and just f### right off too.

Rant over. :angry:

2 hours ago, Genie said:

The clubs are as bad for paying them.

They need to walk away, they are literally writing their own cheques, or as has been suggested the player pays their fees. 

What makes me laugh is why the clubs are paying the agents.

It should be the player paying the agent if they get a transfer, just like any of us pay a lawyer/solicitor to negotiate and oversee contracts, conveyancing etc. 

The purchasing club should only have to pay the selling club and obviously the player himself. If the player wants to introduce tom, dick and Harry to negotiate terms of his contract then he should pay their fees. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xela said:

They are bad but clubs fault for encouraging this crap

If idiots pay you to exploit them then its your fault

• Like 1

18 hours ago, theboyangel said:

What makes me laugh is why the clubs are paying the agents.

It should be the player paying the agent if they get a transfer, just like any of us pay a lawyer/solicitor to negotiate and oversee contracts, conveyancing etc. 

The purchasing club should only have to pay the selling club and obviously the player himself. If the player wants to introduce tom, dick and Harry to negotiate terms of his contract then he should pay their fees. 

I think it works like these no win no fee solicitors and the whole money side is deal with the agent

On 19/01/2018 at 19:12, Xela said:

If they did all **** off, there’s a man waiting in the wings to step in and make a (monster) deal or two.

76ED6E09-2B2C-4EB1-A0F9-EC451F53C5A6.jpeg

• Like 1

Deloitte has come out with their annual list of the richest clubs in world football.

All the top 20 clubs are European as you'd expect, with 10 of them being from the PL.

A further 4 PL clubs are between 21-30 on the list with Bournemouth coming in at 28th.

That is Bournemouth with a 11.000 capacity stadium who up until a few years ago were playing 3rd tier football.

The new TV deal is a joke and has totally destroyed the market.

DFML 2018

• Sad 2

Â