The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

I can understand as a youth playing for a different nation as a child you may not have established your national identity so go along with your parents. However, at U21 and above you have your own identity and should make a decision and stick with it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Asian Cup Champions 😉

A quick headcount gave me about 70% born and bread Qatarians. Thats pretty good actually. Kinda like France. I thought they would do their usual collection of a national side like some of the other sports they represent.

• 2 weeks later...

Can kind of understand the Rice situation though.

It sounds like he only chose Ireland because he never thought he'd get a game for England. Now that he looks like he will he wants to go back to the country he'd have chosen originally.

Maybe he should have waited longer to declare either way, but can understand him taking the Ireland caps and then regretting it (and I say that as someone who is half irish and would love to see more talent in the Ireland squad!)

ROI still qualify for tournaments, it's not like they haven't made one for 20 years like Scotland.

They got to last 16 of last euros. Just like England did.

International football to me actually shouldn't really be about playing to win stuff, if you're lucky enough to be good enough to be selected for Brazil, France, Germany or Spain then ambitions change but vast majority of international teams don't win a World cup or their regional tournament.

It purely should be about the country you wish to sweat blood for and all that chest beating stuff. If Rice does feel that about England then fair enough but he was still turning out for ROI last season when many in press were touting him as highly promising player.

• Like 1

I have an Irish grandparent and I'd play happily play for Ireland but if it suddenly looked like I'd be good enough for England then of course I'd go for the latter.

I'm sure that's exactly how it was with Grealish and Rice.  Both born and raised in England.

Edited by Wainy316

On 25/02/2019 at 11:11, Zatman said:

Player power has gone too far. Players are picking and choosing when to play. Chelsea, United and now Leicester again have **** over another manager this season

Its **** disgusting 

It's what happens when your manager becomes a "head coach". The players see that he is not deciding who gets signed or loaned out or even who is sold or given a new contract. So they know that he's not the boss and as soon as results go bad or the manager annoys them they can throw a wobbler becuase they know the 'manager/head coach' isnt calling the shots and is expendable. It's clear sarri isn't an authority figure at Chelsea and doesn't have any respect as a result of that coupled with the poor results and bizarre tactics he employs.

Edited by villa89

4 hours ago, Dick said:

That deal stinks

Doesn't beat the time villa put a press release on the OS announcing Seabrookes as our official crisp supplier 

18 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Fans begging for stuff off players and guilt-tripping them on social media.

At some point this prick will realise his child isn't the centre of anyone else's universe. 

Can't blame the kid, but his dad's a nob. 

• Like 2

Credit to Sessegnon for replying, he really doesn’t have to. 

Edit - I may have been a bit unfair on the quality of the sign as the boy’s made it.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

Â