The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

googled fifa rule changes, was half expecting something about van bastens orange card or sin bins or some other nonsense that no one really wants but it looks like heres whats up for discussion at the moment - 

no rebounds on penalties, if a penalty is saved or hits the post the ball is dead 

lose the word "deliberate" from the handball rule and describe it as the arm being in an unnatural position 

stopping or limiting subs during injury time

subs have to leave the pitch via the nearest means rather than stroll to the technical area (was trialled at the club world cup)

loans capped at 8 players @Hornso

Opposition players dont have to wait for a free kick / goal kick to leave the penalty area before it becomes a live ball (theres your big game changer)

managers now get proper red and yellow cards

players sent off automatically miss their next game regardless of competition

the meeting is in March to see which ones are agreed

That's the best they can come up with? Jesus wept. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

googled fifa rule changes, was half expecting something about van bastens orange card or sin bins or some other nonsense that no one really wants but it looks like heres whats up for discussion at the moment - 

no rebounds on penalties, if a penalty is saved or hits the post the ball is dead 

lose the word "deliberate" from the handball rule and describe it as the arm being in an unnatural position 

stopping or limiting subs during injury time

subs have to leave the pitch via the nearest means rather than stroll to the technical area (was trialled at the club world cup)

loans capped at 8 players @Hornso

Opposition players dont have to wait for a free kick / goal kick to leave the penalty area before it becomes a live ball (theres your big game changer)

managers now get proper red and yellow cards

players sent off automatically miss their next game regardless of competition

the meeting is in March to see which ones are agreed

Wow. A lot of these ACTUALLY sound sensible. That's surprising.

The limiting of subs in injury time and also getting them off the pitch quicker is an excellent one. Although I still think just having play continue when subs are being made would be a better.

And the removal of deliberate from the handball rule is also a good one. That's an absolute nonsense at the moment. Almost no handballs are deliberate. 

5 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

What's the reasoning behind the no rebounds on penalty kicks proposal? Presumably it was suggested by a goalkeeper. 😅

Yeah that one is a bit strange. I don't think I've ever seen rebounds as an issue.

14 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

What's the reasoning behind the no rebounds on penalty kicks proposal? Presumably it was suggested by a goalkeeper. 😅

I think its to stop players gathering around the box so no re-takes

• Like 1

reading up on it some more i think penalties are in danger, americans seem to hate them and think they are down to luck (i completely disagree, penalties are awesome , better than extra time and the ultimate test of skill and metal ability) not sure what % of rebounds are then scored but i can see the point that penalties favour the attacker and its a bit shit when the keeper pulls off a worldie but the taker gets a tap in because he still has the advantage, there was also the point that it effectively wipes out the issues with encroachment, make everyone go away

there also seems to be a fair bit of belief that sin bins are coming which i hate

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would like to see ice hockey style penalties just for the laugh. Glenn Whelan dribbling 30 yards with the ball and then skillfully dinking it over the keeper

MLS used to have them :D

It's so terrible :D 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I would like to see ice hockey style penalties just for the laugh. Glenn Whelan dribbling 30 yards with the ball and then skillfully dinking it over the keeper

MLS used to have them :D

yeah thats the whole skill argument, i saw someone like EPSN say something like all a penalty is is someone kicking a ball and then luck as to whether the keeper goes the right way...thats so wrong

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Although I still think just having play continue when subs are being made would be a better.

Yep, this solves everything. I've never understood the whole hoopla during a bloody player-exchange. Just get off the field when opportunity allows.

I'd also like to add (again) that a player who is so "hurt" he has to be helped off by a trainer/stretcher/whatever needs a minimum of 5 minutes off the pitch.  That would stop the timewasting cheaters. And the ones really hurt, 5 minutes is not a issue.

Edited by Tegis

14 minutes ago, Tegis said:

I'd also like to add (again) that a player who is so "hurt" he has to be helped off by a trainer/stretcher/whatever needs a minimum of 5 minutes off the pitch.  That would stop the timewasting cheaters. And the ones really hurt, 5 minutes is not a issue.

Again I think the solution is to just let the physio enter the field of play whenever someone is injured and play carries on. The ref still has the option to stop the game if the injury is bad.

You might get the odd time when the ball hits the physio or they obstruct play but tough. It's less disruption than it currently causes.

Players would soon stop rolling around for 5 minutes if the game carried on while they did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Again I think the solution is to just let the physio enter the field of play whenever someone is injured and play carries on

Yep, that'll do fine

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Again I think the solution is to just let the physio enter the field of play whenever someone is injured and play carries on.

I've been saying this for years. What is the ratio of players actually needing a physio compared to the amount of times they run onto a pitch. The old magic sponge. 

18 minutes ago, villa89 said:

How did nobody realise that when the keeper came rushing off his line you could just stop your run and chip it over him?

Yeah it's so blatantly obvious 

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

How did nobody realise that when the keeper came rushing off his line you could just stop your run and chip it over him?

Did they have to take the ball so far before they had a shot?

I know they had 5 seconds to shoot (I think)

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Did they have to take the ball so far before they had a shot?

I know they had 5 seconds to shoot (I think)

Yeah I think there might have been some additional rule like that.

There was a zone withing they had to shoot.

Â