The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

On 11/19/2017 at 06:52, sne said:

Not a huge fan of the "make sure Qatar can import more players for their World Cup" idea.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-soccer-fifa-nationalities/fifa-to-look-into-changing-nationality-rules-idUSKBN1CO31N

Also think VAR will turn out to be a horrible idea.

And the new format for the Euro's is the worst piece of crap to come out of UEFA in a very long time.

I kind of like the idea of this. I know a lot of countries will try to cap tie a player when they are young if they have other countries they can play for. If a bigger nation cap ties a player when they are young, and that player doesn't turn into the world class player the nation thought they would, that player is often pushed away and their international career is over. If said player is eligible for a smaller nation, then they should be able to do a 1 time switch as long as they haven't played a lot of matches for the first nation. 

11 hours ago, MrDuck said:

"Simulation"

Seeing grown men feign injury and roll around grimacing after a challenge makes me cringe with embarrassment. You look at rugby league/union,  American football and other such physical sports and you never see it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villa89 said:

The diving and constant surrounding of the referee putting pressure on him and showing obvious dissent was far far more annoying than the advertising boards.

The complete lack of respect for the officials is another hate of mine. OK, they make mistakes, they are human, but they are having to contend with players constantly trying to deceive them.

Then you get the managers like Wenger and Jose who can't accept defeat graciously so always blame something or someone else. 

• Like 2

Football is dead, except for Villa game I wouldnt go out of my way to watch another club game in the "big" leagues. If its on TV or in a pub ill tune in but not going search it out. Money has killed the game and its more a business than a game

The manager thing is another load of bollocks, fans pay to see the players not these egotistical clearings in the woods who do all these gestures to make it all about themselves like Mourinho and Klopp and others who talk about philosophy crap like Guardiola and Wenger

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

man utd announced their official coffee partner this morning

9 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Oh come on, you can't drop some massive news like that without telling us who it is.

Whomever it was, it's might have Costa lot of money to strike the deal.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Seeing grown men feign injury and roll around grimacing after a challenge makes me cringe with embarrassment. You look at rugby league/union,  American football and other such physical sports and you never see it. 

Just look at horse racing - love or hate the sport, Tony McCoy as a fine example.

The guy has ridden winners on horses going 50mph over steeplechases with broken collar bones ffs!

The barbie dolls that call themselves footballers are just a joke and make football look like a pantomime these days.

Far too much money and publicity.

On 19/11/2017 at 15:10, Xela said:

Really? I don't see it. Then again I am looking at it through rose tinted spectacles of yonder. For me the general era of Beckham, Keane, Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo, Veira, Petit, Bergkamp, Henry etc was far better than it is now. What was that? 15 years back? Game seems to lack the passion and bite of those days. 

I guess the players are fitter now for sure. Maybe quality was the wrong word  - perhaps excitement is word I was looking for?

Then again, the teams from 7 down in the Premier League now are (IMO) pretty poor. 

Its garbage outside of the top 6.

7th is Burnley's to throw away.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Conducting domestic cup draws in foreign countries at 4am.

And broadcasting it on Twitter which then dosen't work.

I feel like, when the oceans have turned to sulphurous acid, and the dust is blown across the land, and some wizened old-timer writes the definitive story of the decline of association football, that **** Carabao Cup draw might well earn an entire chapter of its own. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Maybe it's a bit off-topic, but I thought this was quite a nice story for a change:

Made me feel a bit more positive anyway. 

Yes well but as per the contract his son and all image rights now belongs to Kappa and Inter Sport

• Like 3

Â