The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Replays are shit anyway. I don't really mind that they're scrapped. I suppose it's a shame for smaller clubs who get a pay day from a replay at a big club.

I personally thought that if both sides are in the same division then settle it on the night. If from different divisions then replay allowed.

Cuts both ways. Small sides will be disappointed to lose out on the extra match revenue but at the same time, it probably increases the underdogs chances of progressing. If they make it through to penalties they've probably got more chance of winning than facing the same side again in the replay.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I like the replays, particularly from the smaller clubs' perspective, but what particularly bothers me about this is the inconsistency of having just one random round without them.

It's not just one round though is it, There were already no replays from the 1/4 finals onwards so it just brings it forwards 1 more round.

Still replays for all the qualifiers, R1, R2, R3 & R4 and realistically there are very few small teams left by the 5th round and if there does happen to be one they will more than likely be on TV which will probably make them more money than any potential replay anyway

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

Cuts both ways. Small sides will be disappointed to lose out on the extra match revenue but at the same time, it probably increases the underdogs chances of progressing. If they make it through to penalties they've probably got more chance of winning than facing the same side again in the replay.

But is a 4th sub rule in extra time now so big teams still have an advantage regardless

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Replays are shit anyway. I don't really mind that they're scrapped. I suppose it's a shame for smaller clubs who get a pay day from a replay at a big club.

Totally, waste of time.

I'd scrap all replays, and extra time. Extra time is nearly always painful to watch - pens after 90 mins for me!

10 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

It's not just one round though is it, There were already no replays from the 1/4 finals onwards so it just brings it forwards 1 more round.

Still replays for all the qualifiers, R1, R2, R3 & R4 and realistically there are very few small teams left by the 5th round and if there does happen to be one they will more than likely be on TV which will probably make them more money than any potential replay anyway

Ah ok, my mistake, thanks.

12 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Totally, waste of time.

I'd scrap all replays, and extra time. Extra time is nearly always painful to watch - pens after 90 mins for me!

Yep, bin it all off. The FA should be proactive on this rather the the chipping away of the importance of the FA Cup since the early 90s. 3rd, 4th and 5th  should be all fixed to 1 weekend with the quarters being midweek.

Might want to go ahead and scrap the EFL/Carling/Carabao-cup while they are at it.

Really don't see the need for 2 domestic cup competitions, I know France has it as well but the season is bloated as it is.

3 hours ago, sne said:

Might want to go ahead and scrap the EFL/Carling/Carabao-cup while they are at it.

Really don't see the need for 2 domestic cup competitions, I know France has it as well but the season is bloated as it is.

clubs should name a squad for the league and fa Cup, if clubs want to use the early rounds to give fringe players games those players must be involved when it gets to the later stages.

Stop clubs playing reserve and youth players and then bringing in the big guns for the semis and final.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

clubs should name a squad for the league and fa Cup, if clubs want to use the early rounds to give fringe players games those players must be involved when it gets to the later stages.

Stop clubs playing reserve and youth players and then bringing in the big guns for the semis and final.

That would instantly kill off both cups. 

Edited by villa89

AIK: The Swedish club selling ex-captain Nils-Eric Johansson's DNA

.....For 3,499 Swedish krona (£307) fans can buy the crystallised DNA of club legend Nils-Eric Johansson, who was forced to retire in February because of a heart defect.

The 38-year-old's genetic make-up comes in a test tube and lasts for 500 years......

BBC ARTICLE

Everyday life seems to imitate art more and more, and when I say art I mean GTA V.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Not a single English (or British) player in the starting line ups for Chelsea or Arsenal today. 

No doubt not the first time to happen but I think its a sad state of affairs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not a single English (or British) player in the starting line ups for Chelsea or Arsenal today. 

No doubt not the first time to happen but I think its a sad state of affairs. 

On another note it said last week we were the last team to play an entire English selection in Premier League under Gregory

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

On another note it said last week we were the last team to play an entire English selection in Premier League under Gregory

Yep, normally followed up with a line about how that side got thumped by Coventry or whoever.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Villa were the last club to top the league with only English players in the side that had reached there, which I think we did almost exactly 20 years ago (28th December 1998, with a 2-1 win v Sheff Wed). They never mention that, so I can only conclude it wasn’t us or they can’t be arsed to check.

For those interested, the line up that day was -

Michael Oakes

Steve Watson

Ugo  Ehiogu

Gareth Southgate

Gareth Barry

Riccy Scimeca

Alan Wright

Lee Hendrie

Ian Taylor

Dion Dublin 

Julian Joachim

With Collymore and Draper coming off the bench. Ugo & Southgate with the goals. Some bloke called Carbone got the Wednesday goal, no doubt looking to impress.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yep, normally followed up with a line about how that side got thumped by Coventry or whoever.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Villa were the last club to top the league with only English players in the side that had reached there, which I think we did almost exactly 20 years ago (28th December 1998, with a 2-1 win v Sheff Wed). They never mention that, so I can only conclude it wasn’t us or they can’t be arsed to check.

For those interested, the line up that day was -

Michael Oakes

Steve Watson

Ugo  Ehiogu

Gareth Southgate

Gareth Barry

Riccy Scimeca

Alan Wright

Lee Hendrie

Ian Taylor

Dion Dublin 

Julian Joachim

With Collymore and Draper coming off the bench. Ugo & Southgate with the goals. Some bloke called Carbone got the Wednesday goal, no doubt looking to impress.

If it was man u or the scousers that fact would be trotted out every other week

• Like 1

Â