The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

Mickey Mouse league now. Other than for the hugely improved financially beneficial reasons of promotion and the security those finances bring it wouldn’t really bother me about not going back up. 

• Like 3

Putting that in context, 51 points difference between 1st place Man City and 8th Everton.

10 years ago, Man Utd won it with 87 points. Reading were relegated in 18th place, with 51 points fewer than Man Utd.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
Changing “less” to “fewer” cos one of you will point it out
  • Like 1

Israeli soccer team Beitar Jerusalem announced on Sunday that it has decided to add American President Donald Trump's name to the team's name to honor the US President for moving the American Embassy to Jerusalem.
"The chairmen of the club, the owner Eli Tabib and the executive manager Eli Ohana have decided to add to the club's title the name of the American President who made history, and from now on will be called Beitar Trump Jerusalem. We have the greatest love for the president, and we will win," read the statement.
"For 70 years, Jerusalem has been awaiting international recognition, until President Donald Trump, in a courageous move, recognized Jerusalem as the eternal capital of Israel. President Trump has shown courage and true love of the Israeli people and their capital, and these days other countries are following his lead in giving Jerusalem its rightful status."

"The football club Beitar Jerusalem, one of the most prominent symbols of the city, is happy to honor the president for his love and support with a gesture of our own."

Despite Beitar's announcement to officially change the club's name, it will require approval from the Israel Football Association, a process which is far from straightforward. In addition, Donald Trump has been a registered trademark in Israel since 2008, and should Beitar try to add it to its name, it may be sued, as it hasn't received permission to use it.

https://www.jpost.com/OMG/Israeli-soccer-team-to-add-Trump-to-their-name-to-honor-US-president-556280

Bildresultat för family guy vomiting gif

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Mickey Mouse league now. Other than for the hugely improved financially beneficial reasons of promotion and the security those finances bring it wouldn’t really bother me about not going back up. 

The same reason you want to be up is the reason why the league is as it is.  If the vast finances of simply existing in the Premier League weren't a thing, clubs would be more aggressive/attacking IMO.

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The same reason you want to be up is the reason why the league is as it is.  If the vast finances of simply existing in the Premier League weren't a thing, clubs would be more aggressive/attacking IMO.

100% agree. Self fulfilling prophecy though isn’t it. The state of the modern game in terms of parity between the leagues is a shambles.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tegis said:

Juuust out of european contention. 50 **** points from the top. And to think I use to laugh at the Scottish and Spanish league. :puke:

image.png.a671b3884c920b2922638b39613aaeba.png

A joke league with ludicrously overpaid players in each of the 20 teams that play in it. 2 years since I watched a PL game and about 6 years since I watched a non Villa PL game. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure if utd have some sort of official movie partner thing going on

Again FFP, might only bring in a couple of million to utd coffers but you cant ever ever compete with that

I have a vague recollection of something similar happening before, might have been X-Men tie in? I imagine they have some tie in, they have ridiculous amount of partners, even a tractor partner! As you say, how can anyone compete with that? FFP and Money has seriously damaged the sport I loved.

Just when you thought the Caltex Socceroos couldn't get any more embarrassing.

Plenty of talk too that an agreement was in place with Caltex that Cahill had to be in the squad that was confirmed today, for commercial reasons.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Just when you thought the Caltex Socceroos couldn't get any more embarrassing.

Plenty of talk too that an agreement was in place with Caltex that Cahill had to be in the squad that was confirmed today, for commercial reasons.

OH, FFS!!!!

Dear FIFA, please.....just ban us!

My embarrassment quota is full! :puke:

Apparently Messi missed Barcelona's defeat to Levante at the weekend (meaning that they don't go the season undefeated) in order to ensure he would be fit for a friendly this week in South Africa. Not sure who's decision that was but as the title of this thread suggest. The game is well and truly gone.

3 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Apparently Messi missed Barcelona's defeat to Levante at the weekend (meaning that they don't go the season undefeated) in order to ensure he would be fit for a friendly this week in South Africa. Not sure who's decision that was but as the title of this thread suggest. The game is well and truly gone.

Maybe he was carrying a knock? 

He has been rested several times this season.

Edited by Genie

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Nope it was part of the contract Barcelona signed that Messi has to play in the friendly so he was rested for the game that will cost them an unbeaten season.

Absolute farce. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I would have thought so too but apparently something to do with the contract for the friendly (as mentioned by villa89 above). 

Also it's the last competitive game of the season. Resting him for what after this game?

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

Â