The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 05:45, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Jedinak is currently playing for the Caltex Soceroos

DY_AMyjVoAACPYT.jpg

F*** that is embarrassing. :blush:

• Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 21:42, HanoiVillan said:

I've got to be honest, I've never heard of that country. 

Norway is up North, near Sweden and Denmark and all them. It's great there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The wages WBA are paying :crylaugh: 

Its every team now. Outside of the big guns at the top of the league, most/every other team would be financially crippled by relegation. 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its every team now. Outside of the big guns at the top of the league, most/every other team would be financially crippled by relegation. 

I sait in WBA thread. Established teams going down like WBA, Stoke, Sunderland will be in big trouble

Promoted teams with sense like Burnley even Newcastle will be in good shape going forward

7 hours ago, Genie said:

The TV money just causes teams to gamble more. If it was cut by 75% clubs would actually be more financially stable.

Absolutely. If the financial gap between PL and CH were much smaller, clubs wouldn't only have to be panicking about relegation (though of course it would never not be a concern). I guess the argument against it is that if most of the TV money disappeared, and all you had left was the business empire side of it, then the biggest clubs would have an even bigger financial margin over the smaller ones (for a few seasons, until the rest of the world lost interest because they couldn't see the games). The argument against that argument is just look at the league table this season. 

Big wages are an inevitability for teams who have been in the Prem longer, without breaking into the top 4 because they strive to keep improving and the players get offers for more money from the club's above them, so the club's stretch themselves to keep them in the hope that they improve and take them to the top 4.

I think clubs are getting more wise to it, and are starting to sell the wantaways who try and rock the boat.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The attempted Americanisation of the Premier League.

Get ****.

Emirates Stadium
Etihad Stadium
American Express Community Stadium
bet365 Stadium
John Smith's Stadium
King Power Stadium
Vitality Stadium

We've long, long, lonnnnng been heading towards the Americanisation of the Premier League (and Britain in general tbh).

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Inter milan players have their social media handles on the back of their shirts tonight 

hope they lose so everyone can tweet how shit they are

Edited by a m ole

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, coda said:

That boxing announcer at Stamford Bridge, "Let's get ready for football." 

I was cringing as he read the names out. Dunno who come up with that idea but it was awful to watch. 

Edited by holteend1982

Â