The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

43 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I agree with this but a lot of people fall for it being part of the "atmosphere" etc. 

It's kinda like buying popcorn at the cinema. You can easily go without for a 90 minute film or buy it (comparatively) dirt cheap from a supermarket or even make it at home. However, people will gladly pay £5+ for a tiny little tub of it. 

Not me!

But sometimes the wife :(

33 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

We never buy a pint at the ground. 

We take a pack of lager with us and when we park up, drink them then before walking to the ground. 

I always find the lager at the ground tastes like it's been diluted and I ain't paying best part of £5+ for that. 

We used to buy a couple of cans of cider or whatever at the off licence next to the chippy.

In the old days when I didn't care about spending money to not be entertained and be in a **** bad mood :)

• Like 1

https://www.marca.com/en/football/2022/08/07/62ef43cc22601dec6a8b4576.html

African player misses his wedding because his club wouldn't allow him to travel and sent his brother in his place

Mohamed Buya Turay planned his wedding for the end of July 2022, but he did not count on being signed by Malmo FF of Sweden, and the team did not allow him to travel to celebrate his marriage, but that was not an impediment for the ceremony to take place.

Who came to get married in place of Mohamed Buya Turay

No one better than your brother to stand in for you, but it all depends on the situation, although such is the fraternal bond between Mohamed Buya Turay and his brother, that he decided to send him to represent him at the marriage ceremony in his place.

"We were getting married on July 21 in Sierra Leone. But I couldn't be there because Malmö asked me to arrive earlier," the striker told Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet.

"We took the photos beforehand, so it looks like I was there, but I was not. My brother represented me at the royal wedding," the African footballer revealed with much surprise.

His wedding ceremony, scheduled for July 21 in his native Sierra Leone, was overshadowed by the transfer to Malmö from Henan Songshan Longmen of China. It was logical that Mohamed Buya Turay would not be able to be in both places at the same time, so he asked his brother to take his place and meet his girlfriend Suad Baydoun at the altar.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/2022/08/07/62ef43cc22601dec6a8b4576.html

Edited by Zatman

On 08/08/2022 at 03:28, Rds1983 said:

I agree with this but a lot of people fall for it being part of the "atmosphere" etc. 

It's kinda like buying popcorn at the cinema. You can easily go without for a 90 minute film or buy it (comparatively) dirt cheap from a supermarket or even make it at home. However, people will gladly pay £5+ for a tiny little tub of it. 

We would always go to the bodega up the street from the cinema and buy popcorn, beer/whatever you tipple was and walk past all of ghe concession stands charging 10X's the price.

On 08/08/2022 at 09:28, rjw63 said:

Not sure why people just don't buy the Stuff .

I mean I like a drink but I can easily go without for two hours, and at those prices I could go without for a lot longer! 

I find it really baffling people can't go 2 hours without a pint of beer 

54 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

It’s not just ‘going without a pint’ for two hours, as if people are crackheads or something.

If you’ve been out and drinking and plan to continue drinking after the match, having a two hour break can really kill the mood. For others it’s probably a way of dealing with tension, others to kill the boredom of the half time.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s not just ‘going without a pint’ for two hours, as if people are crackheads or something.

If you’ve been out and drinking and plan to continue drinking after the match, having a two hour break can really kill the mood. For others it’s probably a way of dealing with tension, others to kill the boredom of the half time.

Sounds like alcoholism to me.  "15 minute break.... arrrrrghhhh.... NEED BOOZE!"  **** hell :D 

16 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The football usually does that ;) 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

I've gone years, and as a consequence I'm fit as **** at 45. 😃 Well worth the sacrifice. 

10 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I just like beer. 

From my experience of away days where its say west ham so a 6am start on the beer, 3pm kick off so get there at maybe 2.30pm off the tube that's a good 8 hours on the piss, maybe 10 beers some shots etc

Stopping is not a good idea (starting isn't a good idea either but hey ho...) I needed at least 1 before the game and some food, half time depended on thr stadium and the day, I didn't usually drink on the way home I slept badly as the regret kicked in, if I stopped at 2pm that sleep kicks in during the game 

• Haha 1

Â