The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I'm not arguing with anyone, it was a sarcastic comment to underline it's unreasonable to call anything on the pitch "disrespectful" that is within the laws of play. 

If a player shots a screamer in the top corner and the keeper flies 5 feet to catch it, is that disrespectful?

Is 5 quick passes in a triangle disrespectful? 

Is a 5-0 scoreline disrespectful?

I don't even understand where this notion could come from.

You don't have to agree with it, but you don't understand it really? Some tricks (like the rainbow flick in question) are more for style than substance and to take the piss out of the opposing player, or so they're perceived. I think giving a yellow for it is preposterous but I can understand how some players could feel slighted.

On 23/09/2021 at 14:37, sne said:

Might be the first time I agree with Neymar but this really should not be a yellow card

It should be pointed out that when watching the whole clip, it seems the player was booked for dissent. Paqueta appealed for a handball after the flick and it caused the two players to have words with each other, the ref spoke with the Troyes player and tried to call Paqueta over, who just walked away and completely ignored the ref for ages, and was then booked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

You don't have to agree with it, but you don't understand it really? Some tricks (like the rainbow flick in question) are more for style than substance and to take the piss out of the opposing player, or so they're perceived. I think giving a yellow for it is preposterous but I can understand how some players could feel slighted.

I think in this specific case, the joke is on Naymar? He failed to get past the defender. So if anything, the defender showed him that he can shove his tricks up his arse.

Rightly so. If I was a defender and someone showboated around me once, I'd make sure he wouldn't do it twice. 

But the flick is absolutely no different than a step over or a no look pass. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/barcelona-joao-laporta-financial-debt-25087553.amp

Barcelona may have been handed a lifeline as according to a report in Spain, a company from Dubai has offered to inject their cash and write off the club's substantial £1.2bn debt

This can't be allowed, can it?

• Sad 1

On 24/09/2021 at 10:06, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s football, it’s meant to be fun, professionals are meant to demonstrate things the average amateur player cannot do, I applaud the tricks and wish there was more of it.

Give me that over watching Man City knock it about in defence for 10 minutes. 

Again, nobody was saying players shouldn't do it. Just that I can see why opposition might get annoyed

On 24/09/2021 at 12:06, Mic09 said:

Was it Marco Alonso that Bailey took the piss out off the other week by the sideline?

Do some off you think that's a straight red?

Jesus **** christ. Have people just stopped reading posts on this site?

Did ANYONE suggest that the yellow card in the incident was appropriate. Everyone has said it was absolutely stupid. Which it was.

All anyone has said, me mainly, is they can see why the opposition could find it disrespectful. That DOESN'T mean we are agreeing with the yellow card.

• Like 2

On 24/09/2021 at 16:06, Mic09 said:

Is a 5-0 scoreline disrespectful?

Isn't it Germany (may be a different country) where there's an unwritten rule that scoring too many goals is disrespectful?

There's plenty of things that happen on the football pitch that are disrespectful but not against the rules.

NOBODY is suggesting these things are punished. Just pointing out that it's possible for human beings with feelings to get a bit upset about certain thing.

Remember the big hoo hah we had with leeds when they pretended to kick the ball out but instead kept playing and scored? Absolutely nothing wrong with that in the laws of the game. But our players got a bit upset about it. Wonder why?

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Isn't it Germany (may be a different country) where there's an unwritten rule that scoring too many goals is disrespectful?

There's plenty of things that happen on the football pitch that are disrespectful but not against the rules.

NOBODY is suggesting these things are punished. Just pointing out that it's possible for human beings with feelings to get a bit upset about certain thing.

Remember the big hoo hah we had with leeds when they pretended to kick the ball out but instead kept playing and scored? Absolutely nothing wrong with that in the laws of the game. But our players got a bit upset about it. Wonder why?

Canada i believe it is. Do it in Hockey and Basketball as well 

Yeah literally no one agreed with the yellow card

The only comments were along the lines of that kind of show boating can incite a defender purposefully fouling the attacker in reaction to being mugged off

You wouldn't do that skill in Kidderminster division 6 on a Sunday morning that's for sure 

If you do that to a defender and end up with a kick across the shins then you only have yourself to blame 

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Reading that I can't work out if it's saying that they're buying them or if they're just giving them money 

Not sure what the rules are in Spain about them being bought out, would guess that it would cause uproar 

If it is just a friendly deposit of a little money, effectively buying them without actually owning them then **** me that's taking the piss 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I'm sure Germany or Italy have it as well. Obviously it's not in the rules but it's kind of an understanding that when a game gets to 7-0 or something you basically stop trying.

There was something similar in the Women's World Cup too when USA absolutely hammered Thailand and were still celebrating every goal like it was the winner in the final. Thailand got a bit upset by it.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Reading that I can't work out if it's saying that they're buying them or if they're just giving them money 

Not sure what the rules are in Spain about them being bought out, would guess that it would cause uproar 

If it is just a friendly deposit of a little money, effectively buying them without actually owning them then **** me that's taking the piss 

think it's a loan...saw somewhere else that the interest is tiny and they don't need to start repaying for years. it's effectively a bail out

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm sure Germany or Italy have it as well. Obviously it's not in the rules but it's kind of an understanding that when a game gets to 7-0 or something you basically stop trying.

If/when we're 7-0 up against small heath I would be trying even harder !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

With a big lead in hockey and you put out your best players in Power-Play there usually will be a fight or some gloves in faces after that. 

I mentioned earlier that they have the same thing in baseball, where it’s seen as disrespectful to steal a base or swing in a 3-0 count if you’re up by five runs late-ish in the game. It is generally seen as disrespectful to flip your bat on a home run swing, or to celebrate too much as you round the bases.  

I think all of that is a load of crap, basically. Outdated and pointless. 

• Like 1

Â