The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

Yeah, but if that player scores the winner in the same game then we can just call it cosmic justice and take no further action.  

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The FA Cup is it still an important thing, barely knew it was on today, 

It has lost its magic. Loads of empty seats (sponsors seats I imagine) on the half way line which makes it look shit. Plus Wembley is nowhere near the draw it used to be. Stadium is overused now. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Xela said:

It has lost its magic. Loads of empty seats (sponsors seats I imagine) on the half way line which makes it look shit. Plus Wembley is nowhere near the draw it used to be. Stadium is overused now. 

More Spurs players have played at Wembley than most other players will ever do. It's not special anymore.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Davkaus said:

February 2015, I think, same trip as Chernobyl. I'll see if I can dig out the snaps. How about you? :lol:

I've not been. But i didnt call it a shithole, so thats irrelevant. 

15 hours ago, Xela said:

It has lost its magic. Loads of empty seats (sponsors seats I imagine) on the half way line which makes it look shit. 

They're the Club Wembley seats aren't they? Too busy polishing off the main course and getting some more champagne to watch the game. 

I don't understand why so many stadiums have their main cameras pointed at the corporate seats. I kind of understand it at VP, as the Trinity is much more impressive than Witton Lane.

Absolutely absurd.

Baku the choice with 10000 tickets for each team is bad enough, but one of the team's best players not able to travel due to his own safety?

Should be rearranged right now.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan will not be involved in the Europa League final after Arsenal confirmed he would not travel with the squad.

The Armenia international’s safety was a concern due to the dispute between his country and host nation Azerbaijan.

Therefore the Gunners have decided against him travelling to Baku for next Wednesday’s game with Chelsea.

A statement read: “We are very disappointed to announce that Henrikh Mkhitaryan will not be travelling with the squad for our Uefa Europa League final against Chelsea.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/21/arsenal-henrikh-khitaryan-miss-europa-league-final-safety-chelsea-baku?CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1558443570

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Absolutely absurd.

Baku the choice with 10000 tickets for each team is bad enough, but one of the team's best players not able to travel due to his own safety?

Should be rearranged right now.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/21/arsenal-henrikh-khitaryan-miss-europa-league-final-safety-chelsea-baku?CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1558443570

That's mental, imagine if it was one of their better players...

• Like 1

If I was him I'd travel. He's so high profile and security will be so tight nothing would happen to him. EL final is a big occasion for the government and they wouldnt stand for any bad headlines.

Edited by villa89

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

If I was him I'd travel. He's so high profile and security will be so tight nothing would happen to him. EL final is a big occasion for the government and they wouldnt stand for any bad headlines.

If I was him, I'm not sure I'd trust my life to the benevolence and/or competence of a hostile state that denies my right to exist.

This isn't like when we get into a bit of an argument with France or America, or when there's a bit of a falling out between us and the argies. Civilians are being murdered for coming from the wrong country. It's only been a few years since clashes that resulted in hundreds of deaths. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nagorno-Karabakh_clashes 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Armenian_sentiment_in_Azerbaijan#Incidents_of_violence_and_hatred

In 2005, the mayor of Baku, Hajibala Abutalybov during at a meeting with a municipal delegation from Bavaria, Germany stated

Our goal is the complete elimination of Armenians. You, Nazis, already eliminated the Jews in the 1930s and 40s, right? You should be able to understand us."[84]

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I feel bad for Armenians. Seem to have been really put through the mill in the last 100 years. 

In revenge they unleashed the Kardashians on the world 😉

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, villa89 said:

Like how Jack Grealish was ok on the pitch at the Temple of Doom?  He'd be mad to go, just like he'd have been mad to have gone when Arsenal played in Baku in the group stage (he didn't) or he'd have been mad to have gone during his Dortmund days when they had to play out there in 2015 (he didn't). 

This isn't news to Mkhitaryan, he's been aware of the situation his entire life. Obviously it's newsworthy this week because there's not much else going on in football right now but nothing has changed since he was last in this situation six months ago. 

• Like 1

Read this morning that Arsenal have sold about 3500 and Chelsea 2000. I know it's a long way away but there's no **** chance in hell I wouldn't be going if we got there. I'd drive there if I had to. Absolutely pathetic from both sets of fans. They should cancel it and let the other semi finalists have a go if the finalists can't sell a 6,000 allocation. 

3 hours ago, blunther said:

Read this morning that Arsenal have sold about 3500 and Chelsea 2000. I know it's a long way away but there's no **** chance in hell I wouldn't be going if we got there. I'd drive there if I had to. Absolutely pathetic from both sets of fans. They should cancel it and let the other semi finalists have a go if the finalists can't sell a 6,000 allocation. 

Jesus that's a disgrace. Can't even shift 6,000 tickets? What a joke.

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Goes without saying but shitheap countries like Azerbaijan should not be hosting any serious football events/ occasions. 

What next? The World Cup somewhere like Qatar?!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, villa89 said:

Jesus that's a disgrace. Can't even shift 6,000 tickets? What a joke.

There are no direct flights and all the decent hotel rooms got booked up by men in suits who knew they were going to the game six months ago. 

• Like 3

Yep saw yesterday the best way of getting there was fly to Tbilisi in Georgia and then get a 600km bus trip to Baku, over 10 hours and Chelsea said don't do it they can't guarantee it's safety, it's a joke

Qatar I think will be slightly different, Qatar airways will have a field day and I think it will draw in a lot of expats from the region,  not sure what the official reason for sticking with 32 teams is but I would guess the airport and hotels are a consideration, they already have maybe 2m people turning up in area smaller than the west Midlands (which I think will be unique and could be pretty cool) they're building loads of hotels (posh ones, air bnb and hostels probably won't be a great option)

I think Qatar has also said they'll scrap the Israeli ban thing, FIFA saving the world again (nothing on gay fans or beer yet...)

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep saw yesterday the best way of getting there was fly to Tbilisi in Georgia and then get a 600km bus trip to Baku, over 10 hours and Chelsea said don't do it they can't guarantee it's safety, it's a joke

Qatar I think will be slightly different, Qatar airways will have a field day and I think it will draw in a lot of expats from the region,  not sure what the official reason for sticking with 32 teams is but I would guess the airport and hotels are a consideration, they already have maybe 2m people turning up in area smaller than the west Midlands (which I think will be unique and could be pretty cool) they're building loads of hotels (posh ones, air bnb and hostels probably won't be a great option)

I think Qatar has also said they'll scrap the Israeli ban thing, FIFA saving the world again (nothing on gay fans or beer yet...)

It was scrapped as FIFA wanted to put games in Saudi Arabia and UAE who are having issues with Qatar at moment plus the Saudi backlash from the journalists murder. Only 2 countries Qatar would work with was Oman and think Bahrain which doesnt fit the FIFA money trail 

Blatter was bad but Infantino is poison

Â