Pre match chit chat

Demitri_C

6-1 again please. With a screamer from Chester from 30 yards and a Davis hat trick will suffice. Although, I feel that may have happened somewhere previously!!

We need to be at it from the first whistle, and an early goal would be ideal. The longer it stays 0-0 the more jittery the crowd will be, and more optimistic Sunderland will be. 

I agree we need to freshen up despite the performance Saturday, with one eye on a ‘tougher’ encounter this weekend against Ipswich. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

This is a game that we would typically slip up in. If we win then I will definitely start to believe that we can attempt a go at the top 2. 

That’s exactly how I felt pre-Sheffield Wednesday, after the Preston result. I know it was an anomaly with the wonder strike after 20 seconds, but still a blow to lose the game. 

Then bouncing back like we did against QPR has given a renewed optimism again. If we can win tonight and Saturday, the juggernaut may have been turned 180 degrees. (I nearly said turned full circle, but that’d mean we would still be heading the wrong way!!)

• Haha 1

I'm not even sure if them missing 7 "key"(sic) players is good or bad for us.  They've been muck this season, so I'd rather they could choose from the players who have been muck.  Bringing anyone else into that side runs the risk of improving them with things like 'motivation' and 'seizing opportunity'.  Hopefully they're low on senior players and the incomings are debuts and the like.  But we really have no excuses not to win this.  Even without Terry and Kodjia we should have too much for them.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Rodders said:

No Samba - elphick can survive a game or two, as could de laet at centre back, no Davis, could then give O'hare a bigger role, but also push Adomah up there, bring grealish or hourihane further forward with lansbury coming in to the middle. :) Blimey, I forgot about Andre Green! :blush: ok he's out a bit longer

I think our squad can cope with a couple more injuries if we had to, if we suffer more than that, then ok, we're in a crisis, but not much we can do about that, I don't like buying players for one or two possible contingencies - would rather be positive about a couple of the youngsters having a great opportunity for a week or so.

God no.

On 19/11/2017 at 00:27, The Fun Factory said:

I cannot understand why he has left a stable Welsh national job with a very high chance of qualification for a 24 euro championship, to run that utter shambles of  a football club that is Sunderland.  Unless he has been told that Short will be selling up soon to someone competent, I just don't understand it at all. In theory it should be  great job for any manager but not recently.  Should be a comfortable win for us. 

I think salary might have something to do with it . And he probably misses the day to day activity of club football .This will be a good test of his managerial abilities .

On 11/20/2017 at 09:31, KHV said:

Without Gareth Bale he would have been just as shit as Wales manager as he has been throughout the rest of his managerial career. Apart from a half decent period at Fulham he has been bobbins everywhere he has been.

Entirely wrong - the "Gareth Bale" thing being trotted out is always amusing, though.

I mean, he's basically only held the Coventry job other than Fulham and Wales (did well in both those roles) and made an obviously-sinking ship (look at Coventry now) marginally better than they were before he joined.

He's a good appointment by Sunderland and will make them much harder to beat.

I really want to see us attack them from the get go. Put them under constant pressure, get some early shots off. If we ease up and sit back we'll have no-one to blame but ourselves when we go 1-0 down and they park the bus the rest of the game.

Can't remember too many home wins v Sunderland over the years. Other than the 6-1. A bit like Middlesrough who we always seem to beat away but often draw with at home. 

Would like to see Davis get on the scoresheet to help his confidence but I'll take a Scrappy 1-0 and three more points.