Pre match chit chat

Demitri_C

Another game at home, need to get a win at home again after the Wednesday game. Sunderland hands down worse team in league but now with the Coleman potential bounce it's going to be a lot tougher

but we really cannot afford a slip up in next two games as we have some toughies after ipswich

I cannot understand why he has left a stable Welsh national job with a very high chance of qualification for a 24 euro championship, to run that utter shambles of  a football club that is Sunderland.  Unless he has been told that Short will be selling up soon to someone competent, I just don't understand it at all. In theory it should be  great job for any manager but not recently.  Should be a comfortable win for us. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I cannot understand why he has left a stable Welsh national job with a very high chance of qualification for a 24 euro championship, to run that utter shambles of  a football club that is Sunderland.  Unless he has been told that Short will be selling up soon to someone competent, I just don't understand it at all. In theory it should be  great job for any manager but not recently.  Should be a comfortable win for us. 

I assume it’s the cash dolla monayyy?

Coleman should have waited for the albion job where he would have had a decent chance - sunderland are a club in freefall and it smacks of when he took the coventry job and ended up being sacked .

this is a game we must  win and i expect a comfortable win 3-0  with a couple of changes , maybe jedinak and grealish to start as we have 3 games in a week 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I assume it’s the cash dolla monayyy?

Correct. He was being paid bollock all to manage Wales and he wasn't going to get any premier league job. 

No wins in 20 for them, we should be destroying them. 

• Like 2

Think Coleman is massively overrated. Seems a nice guy , did well with Wales, but this is wales with bale, Ramsey and Allen.

But footballers being the men they are, wouldn't be surprised to see them come out fighting on Tuesday. Could be a toughie -first goal please. 

33 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

If we don't beat these, we don't deserve to go up. 

Lets see how the game pans out first.  Sheffield was a lesson in what expectancy can do aligned with unexpected problems.

This game has just got harder with Coleman being appointed I think. His track record with Wales was impressive and he had the respect of some big names so I expect the Sunderland players will respect him straight away and will be fighting for their futures. I don't think he will suffer any fools up there. Hopefully for us it will come too soon for a bounce but I think he will get them safe. 

I think we have to rotate for this game. Last time we had a number of games in short succession (Blues away on Sunday, Preston away Wednesday, Sheff Weds at home Saturday) we looked short of fitness against Sheff Weds. Players have been off on internationals last week, then obviously we had QPR at the weekend and now it's another midweek game! With our injury list too we have to ensure our key players stay fit in the long run. I'd be inclined to give 2 or 3 players a start who didn't start Saturday. 

Coleman was meh at Fulham, done nothing else in club football and had  a world class player to manage for Wales. He isn't that great.  Sunderland are a great club but until the owner disappears they appear in be in a death spiral to league one.  The team is a shambles, they have far too many players on massive wages doing nothing, the fans are fed up and there is no unity at the club. Basically this would be Villa if Lerner was still here. I pity them- until after Tuesday that is. 

• Like 1

We should be buoyed by the performance and result at Loftus Road over the weekend, but obviously at some point, our injury situation is going to tell... I am not 'expecting' many wins at all for a few weeks until we get some of our tools back in the selection box. I think we are more than good enough not to lose this one in particular, but I can't 'expect' a win because of the players we have out, and it's a second game in a few days.

Good luck Villa :)

14 hours ago, villanwesty88 said:

This game has just got harder with Coleman being appointed I think. His track record with Wales was impressive and he had the respect of some big names so I expect the Sunderland players will respect him straight away and will be fighting for their futures. I don't think he will suffer any fools up there. Hopefully for us it will come too soon for a bounce but I think he will get them safe. 

I think we have to rotate for this game. Last time we had a number of games in short succession (Blues away on Sunday, Preston away Wednesday, Sheff Weds at home Saturday) we looked short of fitness against Sheff Weds. Players have been off on internationals last week, then obviously we had QPR at the weekend and now it's another midweek game! With our injury list too we have to ensure our key players stay fit in the long run. I'd be inclined to give 2 or 3 players a start who didn't start Saturday. 

Without Gareth Bale he would have been just as shit as Wales manager as he has been throughout the rest of his managerial career. Apart from a half decent period at Fulham he has been bobbins everywhere he has been.