• Onomah
    • Davis
    • Jedinak (Snodgrass 81)
    • de Laet (Onomah 86)
    • Bjarnason (Adomah 91)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/11/17 at 19:45

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Despite all the bollox you write in your replies to my posts

eat this

A GK mistake to go behind - I hope that doesn‘t effect SJ‘s confidence as he has done a great job at proving his worth.

Great stuff that we came from behind to win especially away from home against a team with a good home record.

I‘ve said ALL ALONG we have the players to play front foot attacking football.

Today we had 60+ mins of attacking intent which is what I‘ve wanted all along.

The players can do it, the manager has to get this negative lark out of his instructions/set up.

I‘ll only be convinced that he has changed his spots if this approach continues.

We have nothing and no-one to fear in this league - even with so many injuries.

No excuses

I want wins over a sustained period of time and want to see us 2nd in the table.

Till then Bruce is ONLY buying time.

Whatever it was today, was great. But 1x 3pts is not the answer to all my doubts and lack of confidence in Bruce.

Get us 2nd, keep us there, and get us promoted.

Thats what we need

PS. I bet after our next dropped points you will NOT show the honesty that I have shown now.

3pts = well done AV the players and yes Bruce too.

But!

no more false dawns. I want 2nd. no playoff lottery. Today proved at can be made possible.

@ Bruce - Grow some and stop F***** around with the clubs future - Get us up

But the third paragraph from the end.....would it have been listed that way around if we had of lost.

no.....it would be Bruce,Bruce,Bruce first...we won and he had a final mention.

sorry GH your cover is blown.....you just resent him.

The football is just a front.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

But the third paragraph from the end.....would it have been listed that way around if we had of lost.

no.....it would be Bruce,Bruce,Bruce first...we won and he had a final mention.

sorry GH your cover is blown.....you just resent him.

no Tro

you clutch at straws

The exaggerated point is that since our last defeat Brouters like me critisized, rightly so, but still got panned for critisizing.

I have NOT critisized him for todays result, only highlighting that the players can „play“ if allowed to. It seems today he did that (or maybe it just happened).

The main difference is you are smug towards me cause we won. Believe me, I‘m happy we won, moreso as we were convincing.

I‘m not smug when we lose. I‘m p*ss*d off.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well Bruce himself has stated directly that he set us up “ not to lose rather than to Win “ last season, and it was only 6 weeks ago or so he said “ we are now ready to go after teams” ( words to that effect) and that statement coincides almost dir3ctly with our change in style, performances, and results,

So I disagree it’s a myth.

I was about to say the same thing. Let's not rewrite history just because we are playing well at the moment. Let's enjoy how we play now, support the team and the manager 100% and keep our fingers crossed that we continue playing this way.

• Like 2

Just got back. What a day....

Well, I am happy to say that I got it wrong today. Genuinely didn't think we would go there and do that. Have I got us wrong? I bloody well hope so. 

I will be the first to admit that I have my doubts about this side and I am delighted to proven wrong today. Great performance, superb support yet again and a game to make even the biggest doubters sit up and take notice. Me included.

Well done and UTV!!! :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Despite all the bollox you write in your replies to my posts

eat this

A GK mistake to go behind - I hope that doesn‘t effect SJ‘s confidence as he has done a great job at proving his worth.

Great stuff that we came from behind to win especially away from home against a team with a good home record.

I‘ve said ALL ALONG we have the players to play front foot attacking football.

Today we had 60+ mins of attacking intent which is what I‘ve wanted all along.

The players can do it, the manager has to get this negative lark out of his instructions/set up.

I‘ll only be convinced that he has changed his spots if this approach continues.

We have nothing and no-one to fear in this league - even with so many injuries.

No excuses

I want wins over a sustained period of time and want to see us 2nd in the table.

Till then Bruce is ONLY buying time.

Whatever it was today, was great. But 1x 3pts is not the answer to all my doubts and lack of confidence in Bruce.

Get us 2nd, keep us there, and get us promoted.

Thats what we need

PS. I bet after our next dropped points you will NOT show the honesty that I have shown now.

3pts = well done AV the players and yes Bruce too.

But!

no more false dawns. I want 2nd. no playoff lottery. Today proved at can be made possible.

@ Bruce - Grow some and stop F***** around with the clubs future - Get us up

Sometimes I think your more the obsession than Bruce ,but trust me ,that's a compliment . And remember Gh , nothing is more ugly than envy . The fact that you always remain above the nonsense ,speaks volumes for me  .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Sometimes I think your more the obsession than Bruce ,but trust me ,that's a compliment . And remember Gh , nothing is more ugly than envy . The fact that you always remain above the nonsense ,speaks volumes for me  .

I‘m an absolute 100% Villa fan and have been all of my life.

I want the best for this club and always have done.

I‘ll say it straight - Bruce, imho, is not good enough for this club, the Bruce-ball has been awfull, And I‘ve had enough of the sh*t that Lerner, Fox, McLose, Lambert and The Cockney have given us.

I want up, back in the PL and as much as hurts me being in the Ch it hurts even more when we are not in the position that gets us out of here.

There are people on here who just want to be goody goody and when someone comes along with a bit of passion and balls to say what they think, they get scorned at for rocking the boat.

Well Bruce will win some and the 3pts will be very welcome. He‘ll also lose some too. He‘s lost too many since he‘s been here and I have the right to call a spade a spade when he does.

I don‘t like the way he‘s gone about it so far and I want us to be the best in this league whilst we are here. We are Aston Villa ffs.

Today simply showed - very annoyingly - what we are capable of and what we‘ve not being doing since he took over.

My only hope is that it‘s not coincidence that forces him to play and select so that we win because injuries dictate. If so, we‘ll need half the squad to take in turns being out for some reason or another, be it a fractured eyelash or a dislicated finger nail.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

no Tro

you clutch at straws

The exaggerated point is that since our last defeat Brouters like me critisized, rightly so, but still got panned for critisizing.

I have NOT critisized him for todays result, only highlighting that the players can „play“ if allowed to. It seems today he did that (or maybe it just happened).

The main difference is you are smug towards me cause we won. Believe me, I‘m happy we won, moreso as we were convincing.

I‘m not smug when we lose. I‘m p*ss*d off.

Or maybe it just happened is a feasible shout......personally, i would think the players themselves contrived the fight back and that SB instigated the closing the game down and securing the points.

no i am not smug GH .....just interested in how you arranged that line in your priority.

but furthermore, there is no criticism in critisizing after any game....but you put down the man for games we haven't even played....If that is not having a selective view i don't know what is.

i understand you are ****** off when we lose, so am i, but i try not to look to blame the manager after every defeat.

Edited by TRO

23 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I‘m an absolute 100% Villa fan and have been all of my life.

I want the best for this club and always have done.

I‘ll say it straight - Bruce, imho, is not good enough for this club, the Bruce-ball has been awfull, And I‘ve had enough of the sh*t that Lerner, Fox, McLose, Lambert and The Cockney have given us.

I want up, back in the PL and as much as hurts me being in the Ch it hurts even more when we are not in the position that gets us out of here.

There are people on here who just want to be goody goody and when someone comes along with a bit of passion and balls to say what they think, they get scorned at for rocking the boat.

Well Bruce will win some and the 3pts will be very welcome. He‘ll also lose some too. He‘s lost too many since he‘s been here and I have the right to call a spade a spade when he does.

I don‘t like the way he‘s gone about it so far and I want us to be the best in this league whilst we are here. We are Aston Villa ffs.

Today simply showed - very annoyingly - what we are capable of and what we‘ve not being doing since he took over.

My only hope is that it‘s not coincidence that forces him to play and select so that we win because injuries dictate. If so, we‘ll need half the squad to take in turns being out for some reason or another, be it a fractured eyelash or a dislicated finger nail.

I see the manager as responsible for results in a general/overall sense

I see the players responsible in a specific/ on the day sense.....its them that play the game.....its the manager that guides and directs them.

I think the difference between me and you is...we see that differently.

I don't question your loyalty to the football club, i just have doubts as to your blame for results when we lose.

The manager sets the overall scene.....but when they cross that white line he hopes they do whats been asked, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.....during a game, he has less control than some claim.

The better quality of player the more likely they are able to do whats been asked and more consistently.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, SirSteveUK said:

This quote from the QPR forum made me smile

The tactical gulf in class between Bruce and Holloway was there for all to see today.

See, tactics strikes again:)

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It looked to me like he set them up more or less the same way he did against Fulham.  QPR as the away team had to try to break us down and couldn't. We pressed in numbers and we counter attacked in numbers with the catalyst being superb hold up play by Davis. 

This is how Bruce has always wanted them to play they just executed it well today as they have done in other away games against weaker teams.When this approach isn't exectuted correctly (I.e.ball is not held up or counter attack resorts to giving the ball away time after time ) it looks terrible and negative.

Bruce hasn't changed anything about his style In my opinion. The players just played well. 

This whole negative management from Bruce holding us back is a myth in my opinion. The problem with the management is we can't break teams down when they are set up to defend or we struggle against teams that hold the ball well. As we saw against Sheff Wed. This will continue against certain teams because the movement still isn't there when the emphasis is on us to attack.

Very well thought through post Imo.....one i concur with

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, terrytini said:

Well Bruce himself has stated directly that he set us up “ not to lose rather than to Win “ last season, and it was only 6 weeks ago or so he said “ we are now ready to go after teams” ( words to that effect) and that statement coincides almost dir3ctly with our change in style, performances, and results,

Unbelievable Jeff!

Terry that is factually WRONG.

the 6 week period you talk about includes an embarrassing loss at wolves, a cowardly performance v the Sc*m and the loss of our unbeaten home record v SheffW.

What is even more unbelievable is that someone liked it and another quoted it. It‘s like „somebody posted a statement (that is not true by facts 4/12pts 7/15pts including the QPR win - still under 2ppg) then somone liked/quoted because it fits their agenda“

Unbelievable Jeff

Terry - cant believe you wrote that, honestly

• Confused 1

only 6 weeks ago or so he said “ we are now ready to go after teams” ( words to that effect)

and that statement coincides almost dir3ctly with our change in style, performances, and results,

• Confused 1

Â