• Onomah
    • Davis
    • Jedinak (Snodgrass 81)
    • de Laet (Onomah 86)
    • Bjarnason (Adomah 91)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/11/17 at 19:45

23 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Unbelievable Jeff!

Terry that is factually WRONG.

the 6 week period you talk about includes an embarrassing loss at wolves, a cowardly performance v the Sc*m and the loss of our unbeaten home record v SheffW.

What is even more unbelievable is that someone liked it and another quoted it. It‘s like „somebody posted a statement (that is not true by facts 4/12pts 7/15pts including the QPR win - still under 2ppg) then somone liked/quoted because it fits their agenda“

Unbelievable Jeff

Terry - cant believe you wrote that, honestly

I disagree.

First Off let’s remember the Post I’m responding to. Someone said words to the effect that the idea that Bruce’s approach had held us back was a myth, and that nothing much has changed in how we play, it’s just players playing better.

I said I don’t agree I think his approach has changed and it coincides with better results.

I said that about 6 weeks ago he himself said words to the effect he had changed his approach,....this was actually mid September so 8 weeks but I said “ roughly”.

In those 8 weeks we have Played 10, Won 7, Drawn 1, Lost 2., got 22 Points at the ( now) required 2.2 Points Per Game, scoring 16 and conceding 7.

Those are facts.

I think they show (a) he’s changed it and (b) it’s working.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, terrytini said:

But Bruce has all but said he’s changed his style / approach !

( and it’s worked)..

Terry,

Pochittino reacted the same when questioned a few months ago about his intransigent style......4-2-3-1.......He said you have to create a philosophy of stability.....then and only then when you feel the time is right i.e the players are ready for further tuition and thought about tinkering and changing approach.....do you make your move...my players are ready for changes.

when Steve Bruce says, we are just starting, i know what he means.

It is not as easy as we all think.....these guys are professional football managers.they know what they are doing.

Steve Bruce has not had enough time....I know it sounds ridiculous, but our club needed 12 months of stability alone.....its slowly happening, but its yes..slow....the demise crept up on us, it wasn't overnight

its not easy for any of us to understand that, we are not in the business.

I understand that we can't keep harping on about Lerner, but the guy and his cohorts nearly destroyed our club....that does not get fixed quickly, unless a sheik takes over

patience will be our holy grail.

we will be back.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

I disagree.  

you are free to do so

First Off let’s remember the Post I’m responding to. Someone said words to the effect that the idea that Bruce’s approach had held us back was a myth, and that nothing much has changed in how we play, it’s just players playing better.  

that can be as true as it is untrue because we still lose against the better teams. but in reality - NO

I said I don’t agree I think his approach has changed and it coincides with better results.

I said that about 6 weeks ago he himself said words to the effect he had changed his approach,....this was actually mid September so 8 weeks but I said “ roughly”.

In those 8 weeks we have Played 10, Won 7, Drawn 1, Lost 2., got 22 Points at the ( now) required 2.2 Points Per Game, scoring 16 and conceding 7.  

I can only go by what you say

6 weeks is 6 weeks.

you now come up with 8 weeks and quote from those games

Those are facts.

I think they show (a) he’s changed it and (b) it’s working.

I don‘t think, I‘m pretty sure that we will see over the next few games if that has in fact changed because of him or injuries forcing his hand - do you remember going to 3@the back v Bristol?

I can move the goalposts too

Last 4 before QPR - 1 win against a PNE team with all their defence out injured - 1 draw v the SHA (need I say anything?) - 2 losses 1 v Wolves where we were shown up & At home to SheffW (too little to late Grealish & O‘Hare say one hell of a Hello)

Terry,  I got your „tollerance“ approach from your post about you being a ST holder and want to at least have some enjoyment from it all. And I respect that 100%.

The reality of it all is.

We are not top 2

The playoffs are ONLY a worthy alternative IF we happen to WIN at Wemberlee - presuming we get through the semi‘s - presuming we FINISH in the playoffs.

Judging ONLY the QPR game - we can win this league with these players playing to this effect (I‘m not talking about hoofball or tiki taki)

The manager MUST let the players play

I won’t quote all that @TRO

particularly as I haven’t suggested otherwise anyway...but it’s a simple fact, nothing else, that to say  Bruce hasnt changed our approach ( which is what the Post you agreed with basically said) is wrong - according to Bruce himself.

Id rather give him credit for having changed - having also knocked him for being too negative originally - and take him at his own words than pretend otherwise .

But he HAS changed. And the OP suggests otherwise. That’s all I’m saying.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I won’t quote all that @TRO

particularly as I haven’t suggested otherwise anyway...but it’s a simple fact, nothing else, that to say  Bruce hasnt changed our approach ( which is what the Post you agreed with basically said) is wrong - according to Bruce himself.

Id rather give him credit for having changed - having also knocked him for being too negative originally - and take him at his own words than pretend otherwise .

But he HAS changed. And the OP suggests otherwise. That’s all I’m saying.

No Terry.....I agreed with you, sorry if it sounded otherwise.....i was merely quoting Poch as an example to reiterate the point.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 05:35, sidcow said:

Haha. I didn't even know we had scored in the first half courtesy of being off the forum for a while and Radio WM's incompetence. 

I thought Albert's second half goal was an equiliser so was baffled but delighted it gave us the lead. 

Second match in a row where we have scored a goal I was not aware of. Bizarre. 

not that bizarre given your profile pic ;-)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

We are not top 2

The playoffs are ONLY a worthy alternative IF we happen to WIN at Wemberlee - presuming we get through the semi‘s - presuming we FINISH in the playoffs.

Judging ONLY the QPR game - we can win this league with these players playing to this effect (I‘m not talking about hoofball or tiki taki)

The manager MUST let the players play

I agree with all of this.

But what i would say, is that doesnt Bruce have a very good play-off record?

I think we are seeing the progress inaction, and with so many points to play for we'll make top two due to the quality of our squad. Failing that, we'll still go up through the playoffs, we really haven' lost many games at all this season.

Edited by carewjust4u

Well, we now do seriously appear to have an injury crisis. It's like somebody has played domino rally with our forwards. Going to be an interesting few weeks this.

Great result on the face of it at Loftus Road... especially showing the character to come from a goal behind and withstanding the inevitable triumvirate of billy-big-bollock players battering against a resolute Villa defence late on. Was a fun evening on Saturday after that... and nice to wake up on Sunday and smile all over again. Yeah, been a good weekend all told.

Good old Albert - I liked the touch of class he showed in the penalty (kind of Yorke-esque) and his neat finish off the post was well taken too. Seems he didn't celebrate (and he is a cute celebrator) either goal given his youthful support of QPR and respect for them. So respect to him for honouring that.

Bring on the Mackems. Surely we can pile on more woe for them? Surely?

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I never thought I'd be at a Villa game and sing songs involving both Donald Trump and Robert Mugabe. 

Some good stuff by us, not perfect, but good - Davis changes everything for us - I loved it.

If they're available in January we should at least consider them.

• Haha 1

Johnstone - 5/10 - Terrible for the corner but dependable for the rest of the game

Hutton - 6.5/10 - Did well

Samba - 6.5/10 - Shaky to start but grew into the game

Chester - 7/10 - Shaky also but made a great tackle in the first half where they looked likely to score

Taylor - 7/10 - Standard from him

Adomah - 8/10 - Great finish for the second goal and should have really scored earlier in the game. Taylor being back really helped him

Whelan - 6/10 - Solid but I don't think I have seen a player slip as much as him in a Villa shirt

Hourihane - 8/10 - he was everywhere and great effort that went just over

Snodgrass - 7/10 - worked hard but missed an easy chance

Onomah - 10/10 - My MOTM. Picked the right pass every time and worked his balls off

Davis - 8.5/10 - fantastic display but just needs to work on his finishing. Should have squared it for Snodgrass or Onomah but not going to blame him for going for goal as a striker

• Like 1

Â