X-moose 2k17 P-ART-EE TIE-M

lapal_fan

On 01/12/2017 at 14:06, bickster said:

Bought the booze and chocolates today, mainly due to a one day offer in that there Waitrose (all boxed chocolates half price). First Xmassy thing we've done though in my ideal world its still 3 weeks early

Your ideal world makes me sad! Get into the festive spirit you miserable sod! ;)

@XelaHas been a bit quiet on this thread lately.....perhaps he's keeping a low profile after his antics at his latest xmas bash ?

If so.....you can share your tale of woe with the group. 

Cos we're nosey b@st@rds :D 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

@XelaHas been a bit quiet on this thread lately.....perhaps he's keeping a low profile after his antics at his latest xmas bash ?

If so.....you can share your tale of woe with the group. 

Cos we're nosey b@st@rds :D 

Another party this week - in a country manor hotel including an overnight stay. Should be good....

Will I keep my promise and stick to ribena?! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Another party this week - in a country manor hotel including an overnight stay. Should be good....

No :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Oh boy....this has got "running up and down the hotel corridors bollock-naked at 4am" written all over it ! :D 

Don't let us down now ol chap !

On a diff note.... I went to the newly refurbed red lion in west brom last night - usual, high quality scran. Pics too big to put on here but I'm sure you've feasted your eyes on sumptuous amounts of meat in the past, so you know what I mean ;)

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

We break up next Wednesday, and the works do is the following day. I think the plan is to meet up at 12, at a pub on the edge of town, then slowly work their way into the town centre. I shall not be attending for obvious reasons. I won't deny that the all day drinking doesn't appeal to me, but by 7-8 the whole thing will be a horrible cocaine fuelled mess. If i am being honest though, im looking forward to not attending. What an horrible way it would be to start my holidays.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We break up next Wednesday, and the works do is the following day. I think the plan is to meet up at 12, at a pub on the edge of town, then slowly work their way into the town centre. I shall not be attending for obvious reasons. I won't deny that the all day drinking doesn't appeal to me, but by 7-8 the whole thing will be a horrible cocaine fuelled mess. If i am being honest though, im looking forward to not attending. What an horrible way it would be to start my holidays.

Good man. Make sure you stick to it. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2017 at 18:46, Xela said:

Party was good. Manager stuck a couple of grand behind the bar which was soon hoovered up on spirits. Meal was nice and a few other people rather than me made a fool of themselves. I was relatively well behaved all said and done. Plus I battered the breakfast buffet the next morning.

Couple of smaller parties next week. 

On 17/11/2017 at 17:17, wazzap24 said:

It's starts when the John Lewis advert comes on and the coca-cola truck rolls out. 

Deal with it. 

Holidays are coming, holidays are coming, holidays are coming.......

Saw a photo of the pokey cola truck on the meaning evil website. 

If I was a kid I would have been gutted to see that. 

Just a red American stylee truck with a couple of fairy lights plugged into the cigarette lighter. 

It took me straight back to my first visit to WM Safari Park. 

I was SO excited to go on the wildcat paddle boats having seen the shiny white ones on the tellybox gleaming in the sun looking all clean and new.  I can't explain why but the 9 year old me was just bursting with excitement to go on them

When I got there and saw these tatty looking yellow patched up ones sitting on a mud bank with understandably NO ONE on them I nearly burst into tears, it was a real awakening in me about the lies adverts portray and probably the start of my adult synicism of everything. 

It was the third biggest disappointment of my life only topped by Condor Man and finding out that our Goldfish. Starsky and Hutch had died and been replaced several times by my parents. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

On 13/12/2017 at 16:04, KHV said:

I haven't been to a works do for about 11 years. They just don't appeal to me in the slightest anymore

I always go and probably always will, but they don't hold the appeal like they did when I was younger, I tend to drink as much free booze as I can and make an early exit when I can't stand any more small talk and think I might feel ill if I keep going. 

Back in the day it was one of the highlights of the year and one to go for big time. 

I think it's just an age thing. 

Edited by sidcow

Â