Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

I fear Bruce-ball away day blues.

He‘ll go

SJ

Hutton Samba Chester Taylor

Hutton is sh*t - Bambi on ice - Chester on his weaker side - Taylor will be fit but game rusty (should have been brought back earlier)

Taylor - 30.9.17 was his last game, thats 7weeks out because he didnt play him v SheffW - shocking management)

Elmo Whelan Jedi Hourihane Adomah

Basically flooding the MF with only CH capable of a pass completion above 50%. Wingers will be deployed as 2nd full backs either side, leaving us to hoof to

Davis or Kodjia (if fit)

The guy hasnt got a clue

3-1 loss

I‘d go

SJ

RDL/Bree Chester Jedi Taylor

Whelan

Elmo O‘Hare/Grealish Hourihane Adomah

Davis

If Kodjia is fit

Adomah O‘H/JG Hourihane

Kodjia

Davis

Speaking to my mate who supports QPR. They are missing their defence and have a left back and centre back and a midfielder at right back.  The stars for them have been their midfield 3 of Luongo, Scown and Freeman. Especially at home. They have been pretty dominant at loftus road. It would be suicidal if we don't play 3 in midfield IMO. I would bring Onomah back in and let Davis bully them. Kodjia/Hogan off the bench if we need a goal. 

8 hours ago, omariqy said:

Speaking to my mate who supports QPR. They are missing their defence and have a left back and centre back and a midfielder at right back.  The stars for them have been their midfield 3 of Luongo, Scown and Freeman. Especially at home. They have been pretty dominant at loftus road. It would be suicidal if we don't play 3 in midfield IMO. I would bring Onomah back in and let Davis bully them. Kodjia/Hogan off the bench if we need a goal. 

You mean Hogan off the bench if we want someone to run around in circles and not score ever.

• Haha 2

Surprisingly lopsided all-time league record in favour of Rangers here.  We have 14 wins to their 21 with 11 draws.  Although we fair better in both cups.  We did manage the double over them last season though, so more of the same please lads.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its going to be a real test for our promotion push.

Q1 - Can we recover after  a bad day at the office and losing JT? 

No

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Q2 - are we going to go on  a bad 4-5 game run and end up in mid table nothingness before the christmas  period?

Yes

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I was at Loftus road when QPR beat Wolves. 

They are annoyingly stubborn. Sat back and soaked up Wolves’ pressure, didn’t really allow them any chances, and then hit them on the break with some scrappy hit and Hope goals. 

I think our best option would be to play Kodjia up top with Adomah and snodgrass playing wide midfield. 

Sit back and force QPR to come out and stuck us and then try to get in behind them on the break by releasing Snodgrass and Adomah. Adomah especially to utilise his pace. 

Won’t be easy but we’re capable of beating these. 

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was at Loftus road when QPR beat Wolves. 

They are annoyingly stubborn. Sat back and soaked up Wolves’ pressure, didn’t really allow them any chances, and then hit them on the break with some scrappy hit and Hope goals. 

I think our best option would be to play Kodjia up top with Adomah and snodgrass playing wide midfield. 

Sit back and force QPR to come out and stuck us and then try to get in behind them on the break by releasing Snodgrass and Adomah. Adomah especially to utilise his pace. 

Won’t be easy but we’re capable of beating these. 

So play them at their own game. Interesting. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

So play them at their own game. Interesting. 

Sort of. 

Basically if we let them sit back and soak up pressure we’ll probably get punished. The best attacking team on the league couldn’t break them down so I think we’ll struggle as well. 

I think the best approach would be to try and get in behind Them when they attack. 

To to be honest it has bore draw written all over it, imo. 

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sort of. 

Basically if we let them sit back and soak up pressure we’ll probably get punished. The best attacking team on the league couldn’t break them down so I think we’ll struggle as well. 

I think the best approach would be to try and get in behind Them when they attack. 

To to be honest it has bore draw written all over it, imo. 

The thing is wolves probably had a off day, if Wolves played like they did against us they would have won. We know how good Wolves are when they are up for it.

Hopefully the same applies to QPR they have a off game. Like you I can see a goal less draw or a tight one goal game 

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is wolves probably had a off day, if Wolves played like they did against us they would have won. We know how good Wolves are when they are up for it.

Hopefully the same applies to QPR they have a off game. Like you I can see a goal less draw or a tight one goal game 

I was there. Wolves were ok getting the ball to their strikers but QPR stifled them. Of course had wolves been absolutely on it they’d have won.

Johnstone

Elmo           Samba               Chester            Hutton

Whelan              Hourihane

Snodgrass               Onomah                       Adomah     

Kodjia                        

If they've got a makeshift defence, then I think we'll see a very similar formation and set up to the one we put out against Preston.

Bruce will go safe and only make changes where he has to so I expect:
1. Samba to come in for JT.  Probably wise considering the aerial threat they carry with Sylla as well as Matt Smith off the bench.
2. Kodjia to get the nod over Davis. Mainly because of Davis' poor showing against Wednesday.
2. If Snodgrass isnt fit then Grealish to come in on the left, switching Albert to the right.  I actually reckon that if he's anywhere close to fitness, we'll start with Snoddy and switch to this after an hour.

--------------------- Johnstone -------------------------

Elmo ------ Samba ------ Chester ------ Hutton

Adomah -- Whelan -- Hourihane -- Grealish

---------------------- Onomah ----------------------------

------------------------ Kodjia ------------------------------

I think that'll give us a dcent chance. 

Meanwhile over in a parallel universe where Brucey plays attacking football and Jedi retired from international football a few months ago :D

--------------------- Johnstone -------------------------

----- Chester ------ Jedinak ------ Hutton ------

Elmo ---- Whelan ---- Hourihane ---- Taylor

---------------- O'Hare ---- Grealish ----------------

------------------------ Kodjia ---------------------------

Kodjia is injured.  Broke down on intl. duty and could be out for some time (ankle).  Hogan out too.  Leaving us light up front.

Well that's just f**king great.

Sounds like no Kodjia, no Hogan (not sure that makes much difference) and presumably Jedi will be too knackered from his trip.  Doesn't make me massively optimistic, but who knows which side will turn up.  We seem to have bottled it when I'm most positive but performed when seemingly in a bit of a crisis.  Let's hope for the latter.