Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Sheff Wed

limpid

Match Polls  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/17 at 15:00

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah, Bruceball in full effect there. I hate us playing 442 and do not understand the fascination with fans wanting us to play it. We always look so much better with a 3 man midfield as it gives the wingers more license to go forward. I really don't think Hogan and Davis worked well together, in fact Samba was a better striker than Hogan. Time to get rid of Hogan, in the interest of both parties.

Jack looked good when he came on, about the only positive I can think of. 

Completely agree. Hogan offered absolutely zero support to Davis. So **** poor. He had his chance and blew it. Another expensive flop

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Like I have always said someone high up is against us. They show us in the away games hoping we lose then they have us play Sunday, Wednesday and bloody today. Both our opponents Preston and Sheffield Wednesday had 24hrs rest on.us. It's actual disgrace. This game should have been played tomorrow.

onto the game first half very poor. Hogan was absolutely useless. For 15m I expect a player to do more than run last one player and then turn his back. 15m donkey. Sell him come January.

davis was bad, his first touch was woeful and cost us at critical points of the game. Hourihane was crap also fouling waving his arms around all the time.

o hare, Hutton and grealish looked good. The rest were average to poor

Hutton was shit! Grealish at least gave us some intelligence, O'hare don't anything of note apart from a last minute assist when the game was over. Davis didn't get the support tonight. Everytime the ball was sent in his direction at least two Wednesday players were around him. In fact there were a couple of time Davis brought the ball down, was surrounded by 3 wednesday players and not one villa player to support him.  Against Preston Onomah was always there for Davis. Davis still got stuck in and worked hard. Not his best game, but no worse than anyone else in claret and blue tonight. Hutton never once provide width on the left. offered nothing good forward as usual. Taylor would have at least provided some decent crosses into the box.

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Did O'Hare come on at any point?

Just before half time for Snodgrass. Looked tidy and enthusiatic but we could hardly string a pass together so he couldn't affect the game despite his endevour. He did set up the goal after being put through by Grealish. Just squared the ball inside the the 18 yard box from the right for Samba to turn in.

Edited by Philosopher

I went with the question "Can we beat Sheffield Wednesday?" And I thought we could, I still think we could. After 17 seconds, the question had become the more difficult "Can we beat Sheffield Wednesday twice?" it turns out that the answer isn't yes. Instead, we lost twice, once in the first half to a very good Sheffield Wednesday performance and once in the second half to an idiotic referee. In amongst that, we lost our captain to injury, made some very odd tactical choices and didn't play great football. It'll be a long road if we're to try to stay in the playoff positions.

We're not a very good team to be honest.

Overall we learnt a few things today.

We can never go behind. 

Its time for Taylor to return so we can create from the left.

Hogan may as well be loaned out in Jan. 

We are still unable to create chances with good passing and movement. 

Nobody wants the ball when it's not going well so we always have to go long 

We rely on Davis to much to rough up defenders.

Kodija must play when returns 

If Terry is out for a while we are in trouble.

It is good that Grealish is back. He needs to start.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

We truly are the accursed. The millisecond that you have a flicker of belief or confidence that happens. 

It's is what happens when you support this club. 

22 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Did O'Hare come on at any point?

:lol:

made me laugh because I watched it with some comments alongside the screen, the last 20 minutes were pretty much "bring o'hare on" followed by someone saying "he already is" 

got an assist, easy square ball but it was his movement before it that was good, threw himself at a scramble in the box that was unlucky to be so close to the keeper, did ok

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

but I'd have to say my opinion on that substitution is about the same as Snodgrass's opinion of it.

Snodgrass had broken ribs and I think despite his reaction was clearly struggling.

In hindsight it may have been better to bring Taylor on for him, push Hutton to right back and Elmo to right mid. 

Well it's either two losses in the last 13 games or 7 points out of the last fifteen possible. Whichever way you want to look at it. Either way...

Bruce is shite and we are, at best, going to be in the playoffs. That is all. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I had him down as our best player on the day. 

Admittedly, those two opinions aren't mutually exclusive.

He didn't make any mistakes. But what did he do that made him stand out apart from not **** up?

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Snodgrass had broken ribs and I think despite his reaction was clearly struggling.

In hindsight it may have been better to bring Taylor on for him, push Hutton to right back and Elmo to right mid. 

He looked to be okay during play - there was one incident where he had a bit of a wince - and he was playing okay. He was absolutely furious coming off the field and for a few minutes afterward judging by the volley of things he was launching from the dugout. If it was the injury, then I think the substitution you're suggesting makes some sense - or maybe just Grealish on for him and Adomah over to the right - in the context of the game, the one we were crying out for was O'Hare or Grealish for Hogan - moving Hogan to right wing for five minutes smacked of thinking you crap out of the joint in your arm.

• Like 3

Â