Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Sheff Wed

limpid

Match Polls  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/17 at 15:00

Poor result but i'm not concerned. We concede a freak goal within the first minute which 99 times out of a 100 wouldn't go in. We lose our best defender in the first half. I think any team would be shocked. Wednesday defended well, and even though we pushed hard in the second half and applied a lot of pressure, we just couldn't break through. 

Having said that, we have to bounce back with a win next time out.

• Like 4

We were due a game like this. The hex was put on us after 17 seconds today.

Hourihane MOTM always trying never stops running, chases back, looks to make things happen.

Luckily we have the break now, time to get players back. Hopefully JT not too serious. 

Hogan got his chance, didnt really take it. Would be ecstatic if we could get some money back for him, Gabby is more useful in all seriousness.

• Like 2

We gelled yet?

:trollface:

On a serious note, just a terrible day at the office.

Only positives, Ohare always looks up for quick pass and move.

Grealish is back, and might be useful.

Hopefully Terrys injury is not too serious and the International break will give him enough time to heal.

Obvious negative. We have bottled the chance to make progress towards to top teams. Keep it up and soon we will just be battling for playoffs.

Disappointing.

• Like 1

Bruce **** up again (last time was wolves)! Whelan, Hutton, Elmo, Adomah all very leggy. Changed shape when 4-3-3 was working for us. Started an injured player (Snodgrass). Brought on Grealish way too late.  To be far though Wednesday wouldn't have been easy to beat regardless, they were very organised and defended very well. The first goal was a wonder goal can't really fault anyone for that.

Yeah, Bruceball in full effect there. I hate us playing 442 and do not understand the fascination with fans wanting us to play it. We always look so much better with a 3 man midfield as it gives the wingers more license to go forward. I really don't think Hogan and Davis worked well together, in fact Samba was a better striker than Hogan. Time to get rid of Hogan, in the interest of both parties.

Jack looked good when he came on, about the only positive I can think of. 

• Like 3

Like I have always said someone high up is against us. They show us in the away games hoping we lose then they have us play Sunday, Wednesday and bloody today. Both our opponents Preston and Sheffield Wednesday had 24hrs rest on.us. It's actual disgrace. This game should have been played tomorrow.

onto the game first half very poor. Hogan was absolutely useless. For 15m I expect a player to do more than run last one player and then turn his back. 15m donkey. Sell him come January.

davis was bad, his first touch was woeful and cost us at critical points of the game. Hourihane was crap also fouling waving his arms around all the time.

o hare, Hutton and grealish looked good. The rest were average to poor

Â