Horse Racing: Jumps

Kingman

managed to turn things around by having a score on Le Parizien in the last.

Watched every race and enjoyed the whole lot....even when watching my horses lose !!!

Cheltenham....what a spectacle of National Hunt Racing at its finest....love it.

Luckily stuck my £25 free from Bet365 on Native River and with a few places it was a good day until the last, but just seen North Hill Harvey and Dresden were both lost in that race :( What a shitty way to end the festival.

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

if the ground is anywhere near approaching good it will be Mite Bite.....imo

Not if Native River goes off hell for leather. See, that's what cost him last year,the race became a sprint for the line and he hasn't got blistering pace. He's an out and out stayer and if he goes off at full pace no horse will pass him. 

36 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Not if Native River goes off hell for leather. See, that's what cost him last year,the race became a sprint for the line and he hasn't got blistering pace. He's an out and out stayer and if he goes off at full pace no horse will pass him. 

lets see next year with different ground....come knock on my door then :)

• Like 1

Sad that 4 horses died today taking it to 6 in total. 

I love horse racing and horses but today's fatalities have put a downer on what was a good week

:(

11 hours ago, KHV said:

Sad that 4 horses died today taking it to 6 in total. 

I love horse racing and horses but today's fatalities have put a downer on what was a good week

:(

I really can't rationalise someone 'loving horses' but also funding this sick sport.

If you love horses, stop supporting people who do this.

Image may contain: one or more people, grass and outdoor

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Irish Grand National.........Gordon bloody Elliot !!!!

13 runners and i still cant pick the right one !!!!!

I was on Folsom Blue....a gamblers hard luck story.

Great race though.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m going for Tiger Roll or Bless the Wings in the National. I know little to nothing about racing, but both jockeys did well at Cheltenham this year so my only basis is that.

I backed both a few weeks ago.

Love Tiger Roll, brilliant little horse, if he puts in a clean round of jumping he has a great chance, but hes always liable to clout one or two which is the worry

Bless the Wings ran in the Irish National a couple of weeks ago, hopefully didn't take too much out of him.

Will probably look at a few more longshots later, with an eye on mudlovers given the ground conditions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, andym said:

I backed both a few weeks ago.

Love Tiger Roll, brilliant little horse, if he puts in a clean round of jumping he has a great chance, but hes always liable to clout one or two which is the worry

Bless the Wings ran in the Irish National a couple of weeks ago, hopefully didn't take too much out of him.

Will probably look at a few more longshots later, with an eye on mudlovers given the ground conditions.

Who’s good in the mud then?

If you have bet365 account they are giving 50% of your e/w stakes on the national back as cash up to £125.

So you can have £250 worth of e/w bets for the price of £125. Bets need to be made before noon. 

The refund comes straight after you’ve placed the bets.

Edited by Genie

Taking advantage of Bet365s offer, i've just done a load of £2.5 ew stakes on some longer shots with some emphasis on mudlovers - 

Ended up with Pleasant Company 28/1, Carlingford Loch 40/1, Alpha Des Obeaux 28/1, Houblon Des Obeaux 33/1, Virgilio 50/1, Raz de Maree 20/1, Maggio 80/1, Gas Line Boy 22/1, Shantou Flyer 28/1.

Also had Tiger Roll 16/1 and Bless the Wings 50/1 antepost.

Although looking at all that now written down, seems i've gone a bit OTT! Only around £40 liability though, and i won enough yesterday on Ultragold to cover it.

• Like 1

Â