Pubs

Taxahunter

Im coming over for this game and I really hope that we will get 3 points, I say 2-0 win. Should have gone with a Wednesday supporting friend, but he couldnt make it. Any suggestions for a pub before and after the game?  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Im coming over for this game and I really hope that we will get 3 points, I say 2-0 win. Should have gone with a Wednesday supporting friend, but he couldnt make it. Any suggestions for a pub before and after the game?  

We quite often go the The Barton Arms before the game now - A must-see traditional pub with good beer, classic decor and the (Thai!) food is decent too, I'm told. It's a 25 minute walk to the ground though, pleasant enough walk as it is. 

Alternatively if you want to be a bit closer The Aston Tavern is rammed on match days, but is only a stones throw from both Aston station and then on to Villa Park. They charge £5 in, but you do get a pork and stuffing baguette chucked in with entry cost! 

If you're getting there early enough go to The Barton Arms IMO. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The other option is to drink in town, as many of us do, as its only 10 mins away from the ground by train and there are a lot more options. The Briar Rose gets busy on a match day, as does The Shakespeare which is conveniently located right next to the train station.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

Â