• Adomah
    • Onomah
    • Davis
    • Jedinak (Onomah 67)
    • Hogan (Davis 71)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/11/17 at 15:00

Gutted I only saw the 2nd half which by the sounds of it was no where near as good as the first half.

Well done all involved, only really adomah had a bad game or second half. Just didnt fall for him at all.

Not a fan of 1 up front as it risks injury to the player on his own but a wins a win.

Need to go back to 4 4 2 next game as I don' want the momentum dropping and safety creeping back in to the selection.

8 minutes ago, striker said:

My only criticism is far too much poor retention of the ball which invites pressure and better teams than Preston will exploit that unless it improves but Villa up to fifth and heading in the right direction.

I agree but there aren't that many good teams in this league. Wolves gave us a schooling but not many other teams are good enough to do that. 

That couldn't have been better, not a single poor performance. 

I thought Terry was better than Chester defensively, but I gave Chester MOTM for the goal which got us through. Terry was excellent though, real captain's performance. Also excellent were Hutton, Snodgrass and Davis. And Bruce got absolutely everything right, including the subs. 

Brilliant - but we have to keep up the pressure. 1 loss in 12 and only in 5th place shows both how stiff the competition is at the top, and how poor our start was. The good news is it looks very hard indeed to score against us. 

• Like 2

Great to win and keep a clean sheet

Props to sb for second half subs

Still think we play dire football and still think we are too megative. Think we really took our foot off in 2nd half when preston were there for the taking.

I'll give sb a C today. He did gook but there is LOTS of room for improvement

Fine result.....thought our work was untidy at times, but defensively, thoroughly professional.

All we need to do is win.....6 in 8 sends out a message.

just need to maintain this form.

Thought Terry was brilliiant.....whelan also played the role of "pick pocket" very well....Johnstone is the bank of england, despite reducing PNE to very little threat.....Hutton what a renaissance.

job well done.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Yes, far too many negative people pre match! I personally thought the starting XI was good and so it came to pass. 

I didn't. I thought Taylor should've been in and Onomah buried on the bench. Actually, I think we'd won then too.

20 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Absolutely delighted with the result, which at this point is all that matters. However, I simply can't understand how we're winning with this predictable and terrible brand of football. It just looks to me like we somehow 'get out of jail' every game, and sadly I still don't think we'll go the whole nine yards.

Me neither. Fabulous result but we are still shockingly bad at going forward in possession. Great work by the back 4 and GW kept Preston out, but considering how they had a second or third choice defence we should have cut them to pieces.  We had a number of chances to do so but never  looked like playing the right ball at the right time, apart from Onomah's pass for the 2nd.

• Like 1

Â