England U16 - U21 Teams

Xela

A good year so far for the England national teams 

Under 17 Euros - Runners Up

Under 17 World Cup - Winners

Under 19 Euros - Winners

Under 20 World Cup - Winners

Under 21 Euros - Semis

The big question is how many of them will progress?

Why doesn't our national team play with the same passion and togetherness as the younger squads?

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Why doesn't our national team play with the same passion and togetherness as the younger squads?

Because for these lads it means everything. It’s the pinnacle of their careers to date and a spring board for their futures.

For the seniors I honestly think for some it’s a pain in the arse that gets in the way of their summer holiday or their next move.

• Like 1

the next couple of weeks in the press it'll start already, some of these kids will have "made it" get their £10-30k a week contract, get linked to real madrid for £20m, be told they're world class, then they'll go back to their top 4 club's reserves team and barely kick a ball for the next 3 years before blaming a foreigner for robbing them of their chance

• 6 years later...

U17 World Cup Winners

Curtis Anderson (Man City now Kendall Town)
TJ Eyoma (Spurs now Lincoln City)
Lewis Gibson (Everton now Plymouth Argyle)
George McEachran (Chelsea now Swindon Town)
Marc Guehi (Chelsea now Crystal Palace)
Jonathan Panzo (Chelsea now Nottingham Forest on loan at Cardiff City)
Phil Foden (Man City)
Tashan Oakley-Boothe (Spurs now Blackpool)
Rhian Brewster (LIverpool now Sheffield United)
Angel Gomes (Man Utd now Lille)
Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund now Man Utd on loan at Borussia Dortmund)
Nya Kirby (Crystal Palace now Oxford City)
Jose Bursik (Stoke City now Club Brugge)
Callum Hudon-Odoi (Chelsea now Nottingham Forest)
Joel Latibeaudiere (Man CIty now Coventry City)
Danny Loader (Reading now Porto)
Emile Smith Rowe (Arsenal)
Steven Sessegnon (Fulham now Wigan)
Morgan Gibbs-White (Wolves now Nottingham Forest)
Conor Gallagher (Chelsea)
Billy Crellin (Fleetwood Town now Everton)

• Like 2

6 of the 21 went on to get full caps, MGW probably will at some point but its hard to see many more than that, foden obviously the star from that group, not sure on the stats for U19s and then U21s or if anyone other than MGW then also went on to win the U21s euros (gallagher?)

from the 2017 teams germany have had 1 player get a full cap (and its only 1 cap) brazil i think is 2 (and again 1 cap each), france is 2, spain is 5

• 1 month later...

England U17s
Northern Ireland, Hungary, and France, EURO 2024 Elite Round, playing for a place in the finals to be played late May early June
England U18s
Czechia, Germany, Netherlands
England U19s
Morocco, USA
England Euro Elite League squad
Poland, Czechia
England U21s
Azerbaijan, Luxembourg, Euro qualifiers

In terms of Villa interest, U17 squad isn't officially annouced until just before the first game but apparently George Hemmings is on standby, Sam Proctor, Triston Rowe, and Jamaldeen Jimoh-Aloba are in the U18 squad, with Kadan Young on standby, Lino Sousa and Travis Patterson are with the U19s, Iroegbunam Elite League Squad,James Wright on standby, and Morgan Rogers in the U21s

Proctor had to withdraw from England U18 squad, Triston Rowe and Jimoh-Aloba are on the bench for the first game against Czech Republic

England won the above game 2-1, Triston Rowe and Jimoh both played the last thirty minutes, I think it was Jimoh's debut at U18 level

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kellyman and Sousa started U19s 1-1 draw with Morocco, Sousa played the full 90 minutes, Patterson came off the bench to play the last twenty minutes

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

Watched England 18s 0-0 Germany U18s while I was waiting for my electrician to turn up. Jimoh and Rowe both started. Jimoh played for a hour and Rowe the whole match.

Jimoh struggled to get into the game but worked hard. Rowe had a really good game which was very impressive considering this German team won the U17 World Cup last year and he was up against arguably their best player.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, I Make Pies said:

Watched England 18s 0-0 Germany U18s while I was waiting for my electrician to turn up. Jimoh and Rowe both started. Jimoh played for a hour and Rowe the whole match.

Jimoh struggled to get into the game but worked hard. Rowe had a really good game which was very impressive considering this German team won the U17 World Cup last year and he was up against arguably their best player.

Darvich? 

How was he out of interest? 

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Darvich? 

How was he out of interest? 

Rowe was up against Paris Brunner.

Don't remember Darvich standing out but I was focused on the Villa lads really. The German team was impressive in general though. They were bigger and more athletic than recent German youth teams I have seen.

• Like 1

So we had 2 start for the U18  plus one sub, 2 start for the U19 , 1 for the U20 and 1 for the U21

Interestingly 5 of those came from the Baggies youth set up originally.  God that must piss them off. Shows that Mark Harrison was doing great work there. And in the years to come we should get more and more coming through ours from a young age if their ability to spot and develop talent continues like it should. 

Patterson and Kellyman started and Sousa came on off the bench in England U19s 3-2 defeat to the US today, Patterson won the penalty for England's first goal

Â