January transfer window 2018

Jareth

16 hours ago, bobzy said:

We don't even really need that many more goals.

We've scored 38 goals in the league this season - that puts us at a very modest 9th place in terms of top divisional scorers.

However, the scorers above us have 39, 39, 39, 39, 40 (all outside playoffs), 40, 41 and (Wolves) 50 goals.  Free flowing Derby have scored 3 more goals than us.

And I don't think we need more strikers. Just use the ones we have properly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

And I don't think we need more strikers. Just use the ones we have properly.

Yes All 2 and a half of them that remain..  :P

.. suppose we have Samba who's a striker!

Edited by AvfcRigo82

14 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I definitely think we need another striker. We have Hogan who has 1 league goal. Yes it might be the start of him finding his form again but we can't be sure. Davis is going to be very inconsistent and we can't rely on the midfield to keep getting us out of holes. 

Could not agree more. Big gamble if we play the rest of the season with the worst strike force in the top 7-8. Hogan could turnt out as a super striker, and I hope so, but he has been here one year now, and scored 3-4 goals. Offer little else than good workrate. Davis offer hold up play, when in form, nothing else. RHM offers hope, until he is given 3-4 games, is my guess. We knows what Gabby offers.

Kodjia gives us hope for the playoff, if we get there, and he finds his best form. If we don't sign/loan a striker we can forget automatic promotion, if Hogan don't make me eat my words.

Leicester and Puel willing to listen to offers for Ulloa, Iheanacho and Musa.

Although £0 is probably less than they are willing to accept, perhaps we can make a loan deal?

Preferably a cheeky one.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Although £0 is probably less than they are willing to accept, perhaps we can make a loan deal?

Preferably a cheeky one.

I only want a loan move, hope for Ulloa or Ings, but both in their clubs squads in recent pl games.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ulloa over Grabban any day. We wont be buying Grabban anyhow so all is good there 

Absolutely. Agreed with you all winter about Ulloa  :thumb:

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Preferably a cheeky one.

I would agree we should go for a loan bid on him most definately.

I doubt Iheanacho would be ideal for us nor may come. Musa.. meh.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, poitier said:

We scored 13 in the games against Bristol, Norwich and Burton. So only 25 in the other 23 games, goals are still something of a concern I think.

I imagine if you take the games with the most goals scored out of any team, you could paint a similar picture (Derby beat Hull 5-0, Sheff Utd have scored 4 on three occasions etc).

We have Kodjia, Hogan, Davis, RHM, Agbonlahor and McCormack on our books and tend to play 1 striker at a time.  Spending what I assume would be £8m+ on Lewis Grabban isn't a worthwhile signing - we have a host of strikers on our books!  If anything, maybe a loan signing.

If we don't go up, we're just going to have a bloated squad of expensive players again.  Having gone through all this shit over the past few years, I'm genuinely staggered that people want us to do it again!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I imagine if you take the games with the most goals scored out of any team, you could paint a similar picture (Derby beat Hull 5-0, Sheff Utd have scored 4 on three occasions etc).

We have Kodjia, Hogan, Davis, RHM, Agbonlahor and McCormack on our books and tend to play 1 striker at a time.  Spending what I assume would be £8m+ on Lewis Grabban isn't a worthwhile signing - we have a host of strikers on our books!  If anything, maybe a loan signing.

If we don't go up, we're just going to have a bloated squad of expensive players again.  Having gone through all this shit over the past few years, I'm genuinely staggered that people want us to do it again!

One if out for the season, one has a history of injuries, two are kids, one is well and truly finished and the other one has no future here whatsover under the current manager.

Ideally we would get Gabby and Ross off the books and sign another striker but that isn't going to happen. So in my view we need to suck up the cost and go out and get another.

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

One if out for the season, one has a history of injuries, two are kids, one is well and truly finished and the other one has no future here whatsover under the current manager.

Ideally we would get Gabby and Ross off the books and sign another striker but that isn't going to happen. So in my view we need to suck up the cost and go out and get another.

"Sucking up the cost" really isn't a great idea.  I imagine the sort of striker we'd be after would be £10m+, right?

I mean, unless we take a punt on a lower league striker.  But again, it's just inflating the squad.

I have no issues with a loan signing. Bruce ideally would want to spend £10m on a striker and I for one am glad we have FFP restricting us because it would be a stupid idea to go out and do that. With a loan we restrict ourselves to 6 months wages and a loan fee. 

Middlesbrough allegedly chasing Hutton
Cardiff allegedly chasing Lansbury
SPAL allegedly chasing Bjarnason
McCormack allegedly wants to extend his loan
Suliman and Bree allegedly available for loan
and the thing with SJ being/not being recalled of course

Is that about it so far as summing up the recent rumours in various press goes for people linked with a move away?

Edited by VILLAMARV

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

We have no money to spend unless we sell to buy so it is all loans I would suspect.

No point in going over the striker saga again and again as it is what it is but reinforements are needed in this position whatever way we want to look at it.

- again a loan would not further bloat our squad either and should be the only options considered whatever the position of any potential signing.

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I wonder how much of the 25 million they'll get back for him, two million?

Looks like a terrible piece of business atm.

But I imagine their finances are pretty solid and unless he's causing trouble withing the squad they are not desperate to get rid.

Probably hold out for £10-15m for domestic clubs, and a bit less for foreign bids.

Maybe a straight swap for one of our high profile strikers like Hogan or McGatemack?

18 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Middlesbrough allegedly chasing Hutton
Cardiff allegedly chasing Lansbury
SPAL allegedly chasing Bjarnason
McCormack allegedly wants to extend his loan
Suliman and Bree allegedly available for loan
and the thing with SJ being/not being recalled of course

Is that about it so far as summing up the recent rumours in various press goes for people linked with a move away?

Brighton want MIDFIELDER Keinan Davis. Allegedly. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Ulloa and Colback would be 2 good loan signings and see us set for the season. 

Colback is absolutely awful mate and has a really bad attitude as well. He is basically Newcastle's version of Gabby. Happy to pick up his £50k week at club he claims to support and treats them shockingly and has refused to be a sub a few times this season.

No thanks to that.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1