January transfer window 2018

Jareth

I think Jedinak is so crucial to us at the moment, not that he’s been amazing but the fact he can sit in front of our comparably small centre halfs and win headers and allow Hourihane and Grealish to play in front of him is crucial to our shape. I’m very concerned with his injury record and fitness though so think maybe we should try and sign another big DM on loan in the window so we can keep this system when he can’t play.

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just watched Jack Marriott on YouTube. I know it's League one but he looks a player. 

I just watched him too. Must have been a different video, more notable for awful misses than good goals. But he does look powerful, fast and mobile.

3 minutes ago, BigJim said:

I just watched him too. Must have been a different video, more notable for awful misses than good goals. But he does look powerful, fast and mobile.

I just watched the first video that came up and it must have been a goals one. 

He is clear top scorer in the league. I think he has something about him. He is like Jamie Vardy.

On 04/01/2018 at 11:33, Villan_of_oz said:

There's speculation then there is fantasising. They are two different things.

If your fantasy’s are us signing a DM better than Whelan I feel sorry for your missus 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

According to reports, Aston Villa are interested in signing Nick Powell from League One side Wigan Athletic.

Anyone seen him play? 

Used to play for crewe alongside Westwood, then went to Man Utd the same time we signed Westwood. Wigan signed him a few seasons ago, fairly decent performer mate 

Edited by Villa Stu

18 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

As stated due to FFP implications it will be loans and freebies, unless there is the odd 900k laying around anywhere.

Or someone is sold?

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

True, but unless anyone comes in for De Laet, Bunn, Thisbola, Richards or McCormack etc. hard to see that happening mate.

Rumours that Birkir might be on his way.