January transfer window 2018

Jareth

One more experienced striker who can put himself about, without a doubt.
We won't always play like we did last night, and we will revert back to type - and for that we need a unit up front.

Our options are still way too limited if we want to turn a game or change things round.

We cannot rely on RHM and Davis from now until the end of the season. This 5 months is too damn important.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

I don't want us to sign anyone unless they are "guaranteed" a first team place. We've a massive squad, we need to sign the right players or no one. I'm more eager to clear out the ones who clearly aren't wanted or needed RMc. Bunn, Richards, gabby , de laet . 

I know now it won't happen, but a good window might be a more balanced squad. 

Id bid for Flint from last night, he's a beast, and would make Johnson cry.  

Almost went to Small Heath during the last window. They would want more than we could pay due to FFP currently. One for the next window when we might be able to offer Bristol around £9m and the player PL football? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John said:

Almost went to Small Heath during the last window. They would want more than we could pay due to FFP currently. One for the next window when we might be able to offer Bristol around £9m and the player PL football? 

Offer them 7m plus Elphick at the end of the season if promoted.

PL players that will be free agents in the summer:

Arsenal Per Mertesacker (retiring) Santi Cazorla Mesut Ozil Carl Jenkinson Jack Wilshere  Alexis Sanchez

Bournemouth Artur Boruc Rhoys Wiggins Marc Pugh

Brighton  Niki Maenpaa Uwe Hunemeier Steve Sidwell Liam Rosenior Tim Krul Gaetan Bong Bruno Kazenga LuaLua

Burnley Dean Marney Anders Lindegaard Stephen Ward Fredrik Ulvestad Scott Arfield

Chelsea Willy Caballero Eduardo Matej Delac

Crystal Palace Julian Speroni Damien Delaney Yohan Cabaye James McArthur Wayne Hennessey Bakary Sako Joel Ward Martin Kelly Chung-Yong Lee Freddie Ladapo

Everton Joel Robles Ross Barkley Aaron Lennon

Huddersfield Robert Green Dean Whitehead Martin Cranie Jonas Lossl Florent Hadergjonaj Kasey Palmer

Leicester Ben Hamer Robert Huth Aleksandar Dragovic

Liverpool Emre Can

Man City Fernandinho Yaya Toure

Man Utd Zlatan Ibrahimovic Michael Carrick Daley Blind (extension option) Marouane Fellaini Ashley Young (extension option) Juan Mata (extension option) Luke Shaw (extension option) Ander Herrera (extension option)

Newcastle Jesus Gamez Paul Dummett Massadio Haidara Curtis Good

Southampton Stuart Taylor Jack Rose Florin Gardos Jeremy Pied

Stoke City Glen Johnson Charlie Adam Jese Jakob Haugaard

Swansea Leon Britton (extension option) Kyle Bartley Angel Rangel Sung-Yong Ki Renato Sanches Oliver McBurnie Kenji Gorre

Tottenham Michel Vorm

Watford Ben Watson Orestis Karnezis Miguel Britos Jose Holebas Molla Wague Andre Carrillo

West Brom Gareth Barry Boaz Myhill James Morrison (extension option) Chris Brunt (extension option) Gareth McAuley Grzegorz Krychowiak Claudio Yacob (extension option)

West Ham James Collins Diafra Sakho

Perhaps there are deals to be done? Obviously most of these are out of our reach.

7 hours ago, villa89 said:

So we'd have whelan, Jedinak and your new signing all only capable of playing in one position? We should have signed a better player than Whelan in the summer but buying a new DM now would only compound that error. 

Why? It’s our weakest position for me and our most vital. Whelan seems to slow us down and Jedi will struggle to play the there every week. We should’ve signed a better player than Whelan so if we can now we should.   

16 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Why? It’s our weakest position for me and our most vital. Whelan seems to slow us down and Jedi will struggle to play the there every week. We should’ve signed a better player than Whelan so if we can now we should.   

I get what you're saying but I really don't think Bruce will think the same way, he rates Whelan and he'll deem him more than good enough as cover for Jedi (which is what I hope he becomes), plus Onomah can also play there if needs be. 

Last night proved that we have more than enough cover in most positions.  Even left back seems sorted now that we have the Scottish Roberto Carlos on top form.

Quality over quantity now and that has to come in the form of a big, physical striker who can score as well as hold the ball up.  Get that right and we're going up for me.

8 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

I get what you're saying but I really don't think Bruce will think the same way, he rates Whelan and he'll deem him more than good enough as cover for Jedi (which is what I hope he becomes), plus Onomah can also play there if needs be. 

Last night proved that we have more than enough cover in most positions.  Even left back seems sorted now that we have the Scottish Roberto Carlos on top form.

Quality over quantity now and that has to come in the form of a big, physical striker who can score as well as hold the ball up.  Get that right and we're going up for me.

Completely agree, I personally can’t see past Leonardo Ulloa on loan. Fits the bill for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 7392craig said:

Completely agree, I personally can’t see past Leonardo Ulloa on loan. Fits the bill for me.

Same for me too.  Someone said a few pages back that he's the most obvious, no-brainer of a signing that we could ever make (so typically we won't go after him :P). 

7 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Same for me too.  Someone said a few pages back that he's the most obvious, no-brainer of a signing that we could ever make (so typically we won't go after him :P). 

Thought the same in the summer, and we signed Whelan. So we’ll sign Cameron Jerome.