January transfer window 2018

Jareth

I think we need a striker to cover for Kodjia's eventual injuries.

Hogan isn't doing it and McCormack won't come back (at least not under Bruce). I'd flog them both for whatever I could get and go for Alfredo Morelos from Rangers.

• Like 1

On 29/10/2017 at 10:50, Jareth said:

Right then, the clocks have changed and it's getting colder, and we've been linked to Carrick. Is it time to start discussing the Jan window? I think so. 

MANCHESTER UNITED legend Michael Carrick is attracting interest from Aston Villa and Leicester, according to reports.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/872640/Manchester-United-Aston-Villa-Leicester-Michael-Carrick-Transfer-News

Is there a prize for having the oldest team?

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Couple of lower league gems i like look of that i saw at games i have attended! that can easily play in Championship (Hopefully we have scouts looking in those leagues):-

Jodi Jones (Coventry City) young winger who for me is similar to Ashley Young pre Villa. So much potential for  a 19 year old. Has a lot of pace.

Jorge Grant (Forest on loan at Notts County) goal scoring midfielder who is ripping up League 2. Has potential to play in Premiership imo.

Jordan Shipley (Coventry CIty) Another talented youngster at Coventry, cracking free kick scored the the other day vs Luton on his debut 30 yards out. One for the future but Coventry have so many at the moment including keeper Lee Burge and the twins Devon & Deon Kelly-Evans.

They are all far too young. Maybe come back for them in 10 years time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigJim said:

I think we need a striker to cover for Kodjia's eventual injuries.

Hogan isn't doing it and McCormack won't come back (at least not under Bruce). I'd flog them both for whatever I could get and go for Alfredo Morelos from Rangers.

Hogan has turned out to be extremely disappointing so far. 

Mind you I wanted us to sign Jordan Rhodes and look what might have happened then! 

I have no idea what strikers we should go for. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

THIS IS THE WINDOW FOLKS. 

You heard it here first . Finally we get our man. 

Benni McCarthy. 

Fits our age criteria perfectly, will only be 40 in January. 

But is he slow enough thou?

Still think Crouch is the way to go. He's both ancient and immobile.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, AJ said:

I would rather this was a selling window, so we could afford to replace the training staff. That's our weakest link.

Me too on the bold bit.

Richards, Bunn, Elphick, Hutton, Gabby and McCormack are all surely available and I wouldn't bat an eyelid if they went anywhere. Not that I'm holding out much hope.

13 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Hutton is an absolute shithouse who should have been released on his last contract!! 35k+ a week for him is absolutely atrocious.

I hear you, but whilst WE ARE paying him £35k/week or whatever the actual figure is, it makes sense to use him. Rather than buying another player on similar wages as a back up to Taylor. 

Dont forget RdL can play there too.

Otherwise we would have yet another player on big wages not playing. Especially with how tight things are with FFP at the moment.

I'm actually happy with the squad, this is as good as it gets under Bruce, no matter if we had slightly better players - the style of play would remain the same. 

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

I'm actually happy with the squad, this is as good as it gets under Bruce, no matter if we had slightly better players - the style of play would remain the same. 

Yeah this.  I suppose a spare LB would be useful, but Hutton's done OK there.  We've still got Grealish & Green to come back, O'Hare to fit in etc.  Not sure we need anyone else - it's going to be hard enough keeping everyone happy as it is and as Junxs said, it's not going to change our style of play.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Junxs said:

I hear you, but whilst WE ARE paying him £35k/week or whatever the actual figure is, it makes sense to use him. Rather than buying another player on similar wages as a back up to Taylor. 

Dont forget RdL can play there too.

Otherwise we would have yet another player on big wages not playing. Especially with how tight things are with FFP at the moment.

Our squad still has weak spots.. An injury to a centre back and we will struggle. Hutton has done ok covering but would you want him playing 15+!games there? We are unbalanced with him there so we could do with adding someone to be safe. I don't think we are strong in CM but your last sentence is the biggest issue there though. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

Hogan has turned out to be extremely disappointing so far. 

Mind you I wanted us to sign Jordan Rhodes and look what might have happened then! 

I have no idea what strikers we should go for. 

Safe to say there's no need for a poacher who would depend on good service. 

We aren't that good in the striker department. I think Kodjia will eventually find his form again, but just look at our strikers stats.

Top Goal scorers: Adomah (5), Hourihane (5), Onomah (2), Davis (2)

It's November and Davis is our highest scoring forward with 2 goals.