January transfer window 2018

Jareth

Right then, the clocks have changed and it's getting colder, and we've been linked to Carrick. Is it time to start discussing the Jan window? I think so. 

MANCHESTER UNITED legend Michael Carrick is attracting interest from Aston Villa and Leicester, according to reports.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/872640/Manchester-United-Aston-Villa-Leicester-Michael-Carrick-Transfer-News

• Like 1

Couple of lower league gems i like look of that i saw at games i have attended! that can easily play in Championship (Hopefully we have scouts looking in those leagues):-

Jodi Jones (Coventry City) young winger who for me is similar to Ashley Young pre Villa. So much potential for  a 19 year old. Has a lot of pace.

Jorge Grant (Forest on loan at Notts County) goal scoring midfielder who is ripping up League 2. Has potential to play in Premiership imo.

Jordan Shipley (Coventry CIty) Another talented youngster at Coventry, cracking free kick scored the the other day vs Luton on his debut 30 yards out. One for the future but Coventry have so many at the moment including keeper Lee Burge and the twins Devon & Deon Kelly-Evans.

Edited by Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Carrick seems pointless to me. If we were to sign anyone, I'd like a creative CAM but to be honest I don't think we really need anyone. 

I think we should get a left back to either be back up for Taylor or someone to go straight into the 1st team. Imagine Taylor got a long term injury. Hutton for the rest of the season? No thank you.

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I think we should get a left back to either be back up for Taylor or someone to go straight into the 1st team. Imagine Taylor got a long term injury. Hutton for the rest of the season? No thank you.

I don't think we've got the ability to get someone in who is much better than Taylor for the time being and Hutton has been fine there as cover IMO. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Pity we let Enda Stevens go on a free a few seasons ago, what a season he is having for Sheffield United since joining from Portsmouth on a bosman! Best left back in Championship by a mile

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

To suggest transfer targets I think we have to look at what we need to improve on what we have/dont have before looking at whats available willy nilly.

GK - SJ JS 3rd keeper?

RB - Bree/RDL/Elmo

CB‘s - JC JT RDL Bree Jedi Samba

LB - NT RDL(?) + New signing

RW - Adomah Snod Elmo

LW - Adomah Green (currently inj) + New signing

DM - Jedi Whelan

CM - Hourihane Lansbury Onomah

AM - Grealish (inj) McC (down under)

CF - JK KD Hogan

So if a Williams and a Morley (for this level) came along 1yr + option I‘d take them, A Wes Hoolihan or even a Sidwell I‘d take a plunge. (1yr+ option)

otherwise I think its a luxury (and probably overspending to buy „yet another proveb Ch striker who SB will get nothing out of) to expect anything more

Looking more forward to whoever we can get out rather than any potential player in.

Cant't see any of our top performers being poached so no real worry there. and I doubt we have funds to bring in anyone who will greatly improve us.

With the massive turnaround in players we've seen in the last year I've no problem with a slow January.

we have a strong squad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1