January transfer window 2018

Jareth

On 1/11/2018 at 00:33, Vive_La_Villa said:

You think that's bad? A certain manager once bought Graham and Fletcher for 20 million combined. You think we are run bad? How could something like that ever be allowed to happen?

imagine what said manager could waste in the current market :lol::lol::lol:

3 hours ago, av1 said:

They weren't to far wrong. Benteke has been an expensive flop since leaving us. 

...but if he went to Spurs he wouldn't have blew out his achilles, would have developed further, would have won the golden boot, fired Belgium to winning the euros and Harry Kane would be playing for Barnsley. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/16/2018 at 19:06, Czechlad said:

Rumors are Benteke would gladly rejoin us if given the chance. Problem is are either parties interested in getting him or selling him?

Strange that considering we where only a stepping stone in his career at one time.. Arsenal awaited.

I wouldn't take Beneteke back even if that twitter rumor had an ounce of credibility to it.

• Like 1

Just saw this mentioned in the Birmingham Mail and I'm posting it as I don't remember reading about it last year. I think some people were cynical about our being hamstrung by FFP but as of 2016 we had a bigger wage bill than Atletico Madrid. Sure we've got rid of some big earners in that time.

And added a whole load more. I hope Man City Melbourne are paying all of McCormack's wages. 

http://www.theversed.com/43825/aston-villa-fans-bigger-atletico-madrid/#.O1516G2609d5556i0

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Strange that considering we where only a stepping stone in his career at one time.. Arsenal awaited.

I wouldn't take Beneteke back even if that twitter rumor had an ounce of credibility to it.

Sounds like cutting off your nose to spite your face, to me. 

As a loan, it could reinvigorate him and if he played half as well as he did for us before, he'd score a ton of goals in this division. 

I don't see why one misguided interview 5 or 6 years ago should impact that decision. 

Not really. He was just utter shite in his latter Villa years and never cared mainly because he went in a sulk cause Lambert wouldn't let him leave for Liverpool when the player demanded a move.

Everyone will be wanting to see the Benteke of his first 2 seasons as that was the bar/standard that he himself raised in showing what he can do/he was capable of.

Sadly he has never shown that form again anywhere he has played and I don't expect it will suddenly return again even if he did come here on loan - which also I don't think will be happening either.

1 hour ago, praisedmambo said:

Just saw this mentioned in the Birmingham Mail and I'm posting it as I don't remember reading about it last year. I think some people were cynical about our being hamstrung by FFP but as of 2016 we had a bigger wage bill than Atletico Madrid. Sure we've got rid of some big earners in that time.

And added a whole load more. I hope Man City Melbourne are paying all of McCormack's wages. 

http://www.theversed.com/43825/aston-villa-fans-bigger-atletico-madrid/#.O1516G2609d5556i0

What a horrible little article. Thanks for that. Now I know not to read theversed whatever that is.

On 17/01/2018 at 06:51, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

In total ITK style, a lech poznan player (Radoslaw Majewski, previously of Huddersfield and Forest) has liked a few of my posts on instagram including one of the fireworks at villa park. The others were of my dog. As ive never heard of him before today and Lansbury also follows him he obviously has been searching AVFC on there because we are his new club and everyone should now go and lay all their money on him signing. 

Weirdly enough I’ve had the same happen to me. He’s liked a random Villa pic on my instagram, and my profile picture. Odd! 

3 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

It's true that it's baffling how we are spending so much on wages. But to then link it to the idea that we're only doing it because we think we're still important is absurd. An awful article written with the sole purpose of getting 'bites'. And it worked, so fair play.

14 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

It's true that it's baffling how we are spending so much on wages. But to then link it to the idea that we're only doing it because we think we're still important is absurd. An awful article written with the sole purpose of getting 'bites'. And it worked, so fair play.

For the record I didn't actually read the article, just skimmed down to the wage bill. I feel disappointed at how much money we've wasted though. 

Edited by praisedmambo

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not really. He was just utter shite in his latter Villa years and never cared mainly because he went in a sulk cause Lambert wouldn't let him leave for Liverpool when the player demanded a move.

Everyone will be wanting to see the Benteke of his first 2 seasons as that was the bar/standard that he himself raised in showing what he can do/he was capable of.

Sadly he has never shown that form again anywhere he has played and I don't expect it will suddenly return again even if he did come here on loan - which also I don't think will be happening either.

His latter villa years? He was only there for three and in his last season was 15 for 34.

Utter shite? Utter nonsense post more like. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1