Saudi Arabia

maqroll

I'm surprised Turkey have openly stated they had recordings of this. They're admitting they've bugged an embassy?

Regardless, SA will continue to act with completely impunity. These words removed got away with funding 9/11 and ISIS, so what's a single murder, eh? If ever a country should be a target for regime change. 

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm surprised Turkey have openly stated they had recordings of this. They're admitting they've bugged an embassy?

must admit , I was wondering this as well

19 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Seems it was all recorded by Khashoggi’s Apple Watch  :detect:

:crylaugh:

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

maybe this whole episode is just a surreal Apple marketing campaign for their new phone/watch.

Or more plausibly, the US and Turkey trying to pretend they weren't really bugging the embassy by putting out a story that some people will believe, while still revealing (or more accurately, suggesting) what happened.

12 hours ago, peterms said:

It’s just....odd. The whole thing. There are many nations where journalists are murdered for opposing, or printing criticism of, or corruption of leaders etc. It mostly, sadly, goes little remarked upon. China, Russia, N.Korea, Iran, KSA, Syria, Turkey, Bulgaria, Mexico,  India, Pakistan and more.

Yet this time KSA does it and it’s covered in more detail, though perhaps more as a “mystery interest” thing than a murder of a critic.

And as the Twitter says, KSA does other, worse, things and the media and the world sort of shrugs.

11 hours ago, peterms said:

Or more plausibly, the US and Turkey trying to pretend they weren't really bugging the embassy by putting out a story that some people will believe, while still revealing (or more accurately, suggesting) what happened.

Turkey, yes. The US though...why? 

• Like 1

Part of the reason this has been picked up by the media is Khasshogi's background i think. He lived in the US, had done work with many Western news outlets, and was currently working with the Washington Post. He's not just a nobody who is critical of some backwards country halfway round the world.

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Turkey, yes. The US though...why? 

Maybe i'm a cynical conspiracy theorist but I would have thought most countries would bug as many embassies as they could?

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

Maybe i'm a cynical conspiracy theorist but I would have thought most countries would bug as many embassies as they could?

Is this why the battery on an Apple Watch only lasts a day?

:trollface:

Â