Saudi Arabia

maqroll

The UN investigation is somewhat damning. A clear, premeditated attack planned and carried out by the Saudis is the "preliminary" finding.

Interesting description that "preliminary" we may find out a little bit about the world depending on whether the findings stay the same once they're eventually published in full. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Credit to Alan Duncan for speaking up.

Britain has issued its sharpest condemnation of the direction of Saudi Arabian human rights policy, describing its mass executions as “repulsive” and “utterly unacceptable in the modern world”.

The remarks came after further details emerged of the Saudi government’s execution on Tuesday of 37 people, including three who were minors at the time of their alleged offence.

One of those executed was then crucified, according to Saudi state media.

The Foreign Office minister Sir Alan Duncan, answering an urgent question in the Commons, spurned the usual diplomatic niceties, saying the mass executions were “a deeply backward step which we deplore”. He added it was “deplorable and totally unacceptable” that at least one of those executed had been a minor at the time of the arrest.

He highlighted reports that one of those executed was displayed on a cross, saying that anyone in the House, just two days after Easter, would find “more repulsive than anything we could picture”.

He added: “Any country needs to realise that when it uses methods like this they will eventually backfire. The practical benefit is entirely negative.”

• Like 1

On the one hand, they are a barbaric mafia state that beheads people and bombs weddings and hospitals.

On the other hand, they do buy a lot of bombs off us.

So, y'know, it's complicated.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

One question i have. How did these saudi agents 15 of them apparently get out of Turkey without being arrested??

Surely this made known very very quickly that he was murdered 

No mate, he was missing for ages before it was deemed he'd been murdered as I seem to recall

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Was it? I thought the turks tapped the office?

Yes, sorry my memory of the events wasn't as good as I thought. You are correct, he was reported by his fiance of not re-emerging from the embassy on that vewry day, as she was waiting outside for him

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

spacer.png

Croydon Metropolitan Police have released a statement on Twitter, which says: "On Saturday 23 October police received a report of an offensive banner displayed by Crystal Palace fans. 

"Officers are assessing the information and carrying out enquiries. Any allegations of racist abuse will be taken very seriously."

BBC

These banners are not going to be allowed to be a ‘thing’, are they.

They’re gonna upset the Saudi’s, they’re gonna upset the league, they’re gonna upset Sky.

I’ve got £1 on the league taking swift action to stamp out racism in football when that racism is against someone that put some big money in to sports washing their human rights record.

Â