Pre match buildup

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I agree but he is quicker than most and much of their play is focussed on trying to use that.

I'd have agreed with you the day before yesterday, but I don't think there's a team in the league that are more about pace than Fulham. It could have been a one off I guess and obviously it'll be an away game, but I think it augurs well. I'm more worried about Jota and Adams to be honest - on paper, it's very difficult to see a defeat here - but this is the antithesis of a paper game.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd have agreed with you the day before yesterday, but I don't think there's a team in the league that are more about pace than Fulham. It could have been a one off I guess and obviously it'll be an away game, but I think it augurs well. I'm more worried about Jota and Adams to be honest - on paper, it's very difficult to see a defeat here - but this is the antithesis of a paper game.

Different way of using pace though in my view.

Fulham tried to use pace on the break from deep, Vassell plays on the shoulder and tries to use pace behind which I don’t think Fulham really tried or managed to do.

25 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Different way of using pace though in my view.

Fulham tried to use pace on the break from deep, Vassell plays on the shoulder and tries to use pace behind which I don’t think Fulham really tried or managed to do.

I think you're right, but I think we play such a deep line that we make that more difficult for them. There's a natural nervousness about these games, whether we like it or not, there's more than three points at stake, I'm having to fight a feeling of confidence at the moment.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think you're right, but I think we play such a deep line that we make that more difficult for them. There's a natural nervousness about these games, whether we like it or not, there's more than three points at stake, I'm having to fight a feeling of confidence at the moment.

In turn I think you are right there.

I think the positive for us is that due to recent results there is less pressure on us, the pressure for a result is on them. (I’m talking about result pressure from a football perspective not fan pressure because of the occasion)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I have few concerns about Sha as an attacking threat. They have scored 8 goals in 13 games and arguably not come up against a defence as good as ours.

In Vassell they do have a pace merchant but you need a bit of nous to go with it to get the better of John Terry who reads the game better than most.

I think this game will suit us and especially being away as they will feel they have to come onto us and we can then exploit that space.

We score early and this could be another Barnsley or Burton.

I hope you're right, if we can score early they might implode.

However, you know it's the only decent crowd they'll get at the sty all season and they always raise their game so in my eyes form goes out the window, it's whoever turns up/wants it most on the day...

18 minutes ago, wedge said:

However, you know it's the only decent crowd they'll get at the sty all season and they always raise their game so in my eyes form goes out the window, it's whoever turns up/wants it most on the day...

You'd have to hope, and I expect, that we'll be as up for the game as they are and will want it as much as they do. It then comes down to who has the better players and we win that all day long.

Edited by markavfc40

Lucky for them gabbys out as only game he seems to perform.

they are crap but they always raise their game against us. If they played like they did yesterday against us we would obliterate them. But they never do.

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lucky for them gabbys out as only game he seems to perform.

they are crap but they always raise their game against us. If they played like they did yesterday against us we would obliterate them. But they never do.

This.

If it was any other club in their position I'd be confident of a win given our form.

But it's SHA, and form goes out of the window.

We should win, no question. But I'm not confident.

• Like 2