Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Fulham

limpid

Match Polls  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/10/17 at 12:00

It's a massive win was so important to respond after last week ,I'm not Bruce's biggest fan but he got it right today and to be fair we are playing well in the majority of games and we are building momentum ,we have got the squad to go up my  biggest fear is goals  we need to get either Kodjia or Hogan if he gets a chance firing if that happens we are in a great place would really fancy us to go up .

• Like 2

Made me scream like a loony at the end but some positives today after coming back from a disappointing defeat.  Fulham look a decent side going forward but we toughed it out. Onomah gives us yet another option and Johnstone made a great safe today to get the 3 points. Bring on blues. 

• Like 2

Also the official attendance of 30700 seemed quite low considering there weren't many empty seats about. Fulham didnt use the upper tier of their allocation and the trinity upper is obviously closed.. but wouldnt have thought that would hold 10k people? 

12 hours ago, Junxs said:

Also the official attendance of 30700 seemed quite low considering there weren't many empty seats about. Fulham didnt use the upper tier of their allocation and the trinity upper is obviously closed.. but wouldnt have thought that would hold 10k people? 

Glad you enjoyed the game and well done for bringing in the next generation of the claret and blue to the Villa.

The upper trinity holds about 5.5 K, Fulham barely used the upper DE which must be about 1k and there were some empty seats in the North stand and a few in the Holte so it all adds up! I was against closing the upper trinity but it has made the crowd look a lot less sparse than they could be esp when we get sub 30K crowds. Still a decent attendance- not much lower than we used to play them in the prem.

• Like 1

Good win for us that. MOTM to Albert, 'good' for Bruce and 'poor' for the ref. Proper prick that referee - gave them a free kick for a high boot, when no Fulham player was even challenging for the ball. Then refused us a penalty for a rugger tackle in the box on Kodjia. Malfeasant prick.

Game started slowly for us in my view, and I felt Fulham were unlucky not to be 2-0 up after 20 minutes. They seemed the more likely early on. Kodjia seemed a little selfish in the first half, near miss from Snodgrass not withstanding. Great free kick from Hourihane for Terry's first goal for us. Power header into the net. Well done John Terry. Their equaliser was dramatic and arguably deserved by that stage. But it was 1-1 after the break. Recent history seems to favour that we concede within ten minutes of the re-start, so I wasn't all that hopeful at the start of the second half. But fair do, we came out and set to the task. Nice moment for Adomah to take the lead and flash his t-shirt, and that oingo-boingo shimmy dance he does. Happy for him.

World class (!!) block from Johnstone... and final score 2-1. Great to see us bounce back with a win after a swording at the Moulinex mixing bowl. Hopefully we can be positive at the Sty.

Neither 'Brin' or 'Brout' just now.

Summary, a good tenth birthday weekend treat for my daughter. Nice feeling walking away from the ground.

10 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

Good win for us that. MOTM to Albert, 'good' for Bruce and 'poor' for the ref. Proper prick that referee - gave them a free kick for a high boot, when no Fulham player was even challenging for the ball. Then refused us a penalty for a rugger tackle in the box on Kodjia. Malfeasant prick.

Really? Thought the ref had a relatively good game personally!

At this level they are always likely to completly drop the ball at some parts, he did it far less than every other ref so far this season.

Kept the game flowing and deal with problems sensibly.

The kodjia penalty wasn't clear cut for me, even on repeat viewing. There is a strong argument for it but if there's a doubt it has to go to the defender.

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Really? Thought the ref had a relatively good game personally!

At this level they are always likely to completly drop the ball at some parts, he did it far less than every other ref so far this season.

Kept the game flowing and deal with problems sensibly.

The kodjia penalty wasn't clear cut for me, even on repeat viewing. There is a strong argument for it but if there's a doubt it has to go to the defender.

Maybe I'm harsh, I don't know... I remember balling at the ref a few times along with the people around me. Switched to the Upper Ellis for this one as I had my daughter with me, so my ref-rants were very modest in colour of language.

I think the standard of reffing was poor in the Prem, and I think it's just as poo down here as well. When you have a keen interest (a bias) in favouring Villa, it stands to reason that a ref is going to annoy you at some point I guess.

Thought we looked very good to be honest. We looked a threat and we looked solid at the back (apart from the Johnstone save). We invited too much pressure on ourselves at the end but I still didn't think we would concede. 

Johnstone - 8 - would've been a 10 but he should've done better with the free kick
Elmo - 7 - really making the right back spot his own
Chester - 7 - Solid
Terry - 8 - Commanding and good goal
Hutton - 6 - Solid but was caught out of position a few times especially for their chance
Snodgrass - 6 - Dependable without exciting
Whelan - 6 - Thought he was good overall but that challenge for their free kick was shockingly bad
Hourihane - 7 - Probably his best all round performance for us I think. Was everywhere and pulled the strings
Onomah - 8 - Made some excellent runs and set up a good goal for Adomah. He was brilliant
Adomah - 9 - Love him. If Bruce had his way then this guy wouldn't be at our club right now (MOTM)
Kodjia - 7 - Looking like his old self again 

On 10/21/2017 at 20:25, benireduk said:

I think they do it on purpose to tire teams out.

Agree that it’s very risky but don’t think it’s a coincidence they’ve scored so many late goals this season.

For me i would like us to play somewhere between Fulham and how we play now.

A bit too much passing for the sake of it but their confidence on the ball is far superior to anything i have seen from Villa in recent years. Clinging on like that may win you games in the championship but theres too much quality in the prem as we remember from constantly conceding late goals - definitely needs to be worked on.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2017 at 20:03, foreveryoung said:

If there was one negative, I felt Bruce nearly lost us the game with his changes towards the end of the game, still unaware how to see a game out.

I'm really struggling to understand this comment when we literally did see the game out.

• Like 1

Â