Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Fulham

limpid

Match Polls  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/10/17 at 12:00

Ref nearly cost us 3 points there. Rugby tackle in the box, surely not in the rules. 

Bruce, fair enough, another result, they are stacking up. We still look poor in possession and do not have the ability to manage the game at all though. Seems we can't be comfortable unless we're 2 goals up. We need the results to continue though now, hopefully that will give the players the confidence to knock it about a bit more and we can start bossing teams instead of just hanging on for dear life.

Some very good moments though from us, and you cannot fault the spirit and the workrate. Great win for us today.

We were the better team and we won. 

Kodjia has more assists than goals this season!

Adomah is a bloody gem. What was Bruce thinking leaving him out at the start of the season?

Hutton has done okay at LB, but please, Steve, leave him out when Taylor returns.

• Like 1

Best game I've seen this season by far, too open to be a relaxed win but great to see us win under pressure. The subs for me were poor, invited pressure on and we lost our outlet. Hogan would've been a far better choice than Davis with how the game was being played. But all in all a massive win and huge confidence boost going into the game against the inbreds!! 

5 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

That tippy tappy Barcelona lite shit Fulham do in their own third is going to cost them a few goals this season.

Maybe, but I did enjoy some of that. They play with courage, I have to say.

54 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Played well.  Looked harder than it probably was, on reflection.  One great save from Johnstone, but that made up for the free kick that he should've kept out.

Terry organised everything well, and for all their nice passing Fulham didn't really give us too many scares.

We hit them on the break a few times and but for poor decision-making, and poor refereeing in the case of a rugby tackle in the area on Kodjia, the scoreline would've been a lot more comfortable.

Nice.  More of this please.

This post sums the game up a treat.

It would have been more comfortable for us but for poor decision making and purely weighted passes. For all their possession Fulham rarely threatened.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Maybe, but I did enjoy some of that. They play with courage, I have to say.

Oh for sure. They'll win more than they lose playing that way but I still prefer to watch the way we play  and hit fast on the break.

Apart from Johnstone's  wonder save and the freekick he wasn't very busy.

Edited by Brumerican

Â