Weekends Football 20/22 October/Midweek Football 24/25 October

andykeenan

Messi has had some good Copa America tournaments.

I doubt England will get past last 16 next summer but Kane can see enhance his reputation:

England 2-0 Panama (Kane 2)

England 1-3 Brazil (Kane 1)

England 3-1 Nigeria (Kane 1)

Last 16- France 3-1 England (Kane 1)

5 goals in 4 games. That's a hypothetical situation where Kane can justify the world class tag even if England don't do much in the competition.

Might be just me, but I don’t really consider international performances/success as a significant factor when deciding if a player is world class. It adds a certain weight of course, but I wouldn’t discount someone if they hadn’t performed at an international tournament.

It’s an extreme example, but I dare say George Weah was considered world class and that label would have been based pretty much solely on his club career. Ditto the likes of Di Stefano and Best too.

As for Kane, it still feels a little soon to be putting him up there amongst the elite, but I agree he is making it very difficult to argue otherwise.

What a brilliant free kick from Cavani in the last minute to get a point for PSG against Marseille. Was a cracking game. Thought Neymar was unlucky to get a red card.

Just for balance and to keep Zat happy, Cavani also missed a sitter in the first 10 minutes. :P

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm hoping for extra time and a demoralizing loss on penalties for Wolves.

Really don't see how narrowly losing to Man. City will set them off on a 6-7 winless run in the championship.

If anything they'd take great confidence from more than holding their own up there.

Be honest if we play Man. City away in the FA cup SB will park 10 of our players on the 6 yard box the whole game.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Really don't see how narrowly losing to Man. City will set them off on a 6-7 winless run in the championship.

If anything they'd take great confidence from more than holding their own up there.

Be honest if we play Man. City away in the FA cup SB will park 10 of our players on the 6 yard box the whole game.

I can still hope :D

Wolves have played 5 at the back tonight and it's been backs against the wall for the most part. The last 30 mins and 1st part of extra time City have been camped on the edge of the area. Wolves have tried to hit them on the break but they look exhausted because they've been chasing so hard.

6 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I can still hope :D

Wolves have played 5 at the back tonight and it's been backs against the wall for the most part. The last 30 mins and 1st part of extra time City have been camped on the edge of the area. Wolves have tried to hit them on the break but they look exhausted because they've been chasing so hard.

According to WM Bright Eknobakhare had two good chances and Helder Costa had a brilliant chance to win it. Not sure when they occurred as haven't been listening all the way through.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

According to WM Bright Eknobakhare had two good chances and Helder Costa had a brilliant chance to win it. Not sure when they occurred as haven't been listening all the way through.

Yeah both in normal time - Eknobakhare had 2 one on ones that he scuffed. Costa ran clean through all the way from the half way line (thanks John Stones) but he looked like Gabby because he just had too much time to think about. 

It's been shown live over here on ESPN 3 so I watched most of it.

City have had about 30 shots though

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 1

Â