Hi there

Shay

Hi everyone, im Shay from the Lion City, Singapore (located in Southeast Asia). I was brought up by my father as a Manchester United fan and have been one since i could remember. Im a true fan of the sport and watch football every midweek/weekends.

I have been looking for a second team to support and only became a fan of Aston Villa recently (last season). I initially wanted to support a team in the PL but became interested with teams from the Championship with history. So narrowed it down to Wolves/Wednesday/Forest/Villa but chose the latter as i felt more emotionally attached to the club because Villa was a club i admired (but knew nothing about) when i started watching football back in 2006. Also having a current United player that was from Villa in Ashley Young probably helped too.

Villa has always been a big club with titles on par with the likes of Spurs/Everton but in recent years have fall from its grace. I truly believe that a club of this stature deserves better and now, back by new owner in Dr Tony Xia, things has been looking more positive. We are challenging for promotion and i am hopeful we will get promoted, next season, if not this season. Of course there are still things that needs to be addressed e.g. current manager. And in years to come, i hope Villa will be a top half club challenging for a European spot.

I am excited to be a part of this and hope to contribute positively to this forum :-)