Xann

The Work's Christmas Bash  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Going?

• Yea
    • Nay
    • Undecided
    • What bash is this?
    • Doing my own shit with people I actually like.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/12/17 at 00:00

I sort of have to go, to contribute to the sense of 'team spirit'. I'm the only male in a team of about 20 females and I'd say 85% of them are Bulgarian stunners. Last year I had hands on my legs under the table at least three different times. The venues are always top notch and free but I can't be arsed walking around with an erection and a menu in front of my crotch. I'll probably feign illness around 10pm and go to the pub. 

One year the boss' husband plied me with so much Jager I started dancing like a bellend on the table. 

I hate Christmas parties.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Our lot are organising a day at the races. It's fair to say I won't be going. Nevermind though.

I hate those ones.  Let's all pretend we're interested in horses for the day and put some bets on.  And you're mingling with actual f**kos from the horsey world too.  Nah, not my idea of fun.

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

I hate those ones.  Let's all pretend we're interested in horses for the day and put some bets on.  And you're mingling with actual f**kos from the horsey world too.  Nah, not my idea of fun.

Well there would only of been 3 of us out of 15 or so that are interested in the horses. 

This is the first time in 3 years there will be an office wide party for us. Reason being we were barred from the previous venue for 'trouble' - bit of a food fight, few sausage rolls trampled in to the floor, nothing major. So management called it off for a while. We now have a whole host of new staff, and with a number of 'trouble makers' having moved on, it's all systems go this year. I'll go, it's usually half decent fun, but I actually prefer the more sedate command / team meals / drinks at Christmas time now. Getting old.

Unfortunately ours has been cancelled this year. Morale is so low in our office that only one person paid for a ticket!

Last year everyone went. I nearly didn't go because I was pretty new and didn't really know anyone. I went and it ended up being one of the best and wildest nights I've had in a  long time!

So if I had the opportunity this year I'd be going. But I won't :( 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Unfortunately ours has been cancelled this year. Morale is so low in our office that only one person paid for a ticket!

Do you work for the Samaritans?

• Like 1

We had a vote to decide if it should be on a Thursday or Saturday night. I voted Thursday out of badness.

We have managed to secure <venue> for our Christmas party!

The date is Saturday 9th December for all of Business, in <place>. We would love to see you all there this year and make it a great success!

We have the Presidents and Platinum suite, from 19:30-Midnight. There will be a DJ so we can all dance the night away and a luxury buffet will be available.

Please RSVP using the below link to our survey, by COP Wednesday 18th October. If at a later date you wish to change your mind, you can, by emailing myself or <other person>.

TL’s- Please can you get in touch with staff who are out of the office to get their RSVP please.

Any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

I declined yesterday.

Working in a 24/7/365 operation definitely has its benefits, there’s not many but the lack of xmas party is definitely one of them

I‘ll take the xmas bonus of a weeks wages over some shitty party every year thanks

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Please RSVP using the below link to our survey, by COP Wednesday 18th October.

You didn't include the link, dAVe. Sounds like my kind of bash, that one and I was hoping to sign up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

In defence of the Christmas Party, it has previously lead to my one and only proper over the desk office shag.

Nope, it wasn't my review and I wasn't the receiver. Traditional, one man, one woman, pants down, 3 minute sexathon.

Happy times.

3 mins !!  .. get you Mr Bragger

• Like 1

Ours are a bundle of laughs  , a meal somewhere nearby cause the staff all want to be able to get home by 22:00

I cancelled secret Santa a few years back cause someone thought it would be funny to buy the dyslexic man in the office a Brain Trainer book .. the irony being he then asked who Brian Trainer was !!

oh and then the Quality Department lady will bring out a quiz for us all to complete , that the Print department guys always win cause she leaves the answer sheet under the copier 

thank **** it's only once a year 

The days of my banking IT Christmas parties where we run up a £5k drinks bill  and I was found laying across the railways tracks at London Bridge station and waking up in hospital seem like a lifetime ago  ....

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Ours are a bundle of laughs  , a meal somewhere nearby cause the staff all want to be able to get home by 22:00

I cancelled secret Santa a few years back cause someone thought it would be funny to buy the dyslexic man in the office a Brain Trainer book .. the irony being he then asked who Brian Trainer was !!

oh and then the Quality Department lady will bring out a quiz for us all to complete , that the Print department guys always win cause she leaves the answer sheet under the copier 

thank **** it's only once a year 

The days of my banking IT Christmas parties where we run up a £5k drinks bill  and I was found laying across the railways tracks at London Bridge station and waking up in hospital seem like a lifetime ago  ....

Your having us on, you just put on a buffet of all the flavours of crisps no one wants to eat

• Like 1

I basically have a David Brent existence, in that I travel the country designing kitchens for the various social housing departments, so no longer work in one place as such.. I  just follow a rota sent by email with all my appointments on it, then email all my plans off at the end of the day . There are 40 other people in my role doing the same thing across the country and we rarely meet so xmas will be the first time I meet anyone in person. I haven't even met my line manager and I have been in the role about 5 months now ! I just have to check in via a phonecall every morning.

So basically I have to travel down to Kent on my own to get drunk with about 60 strangers . It's kinda my worst nightmare and I'm being charged £45 for the meal ! (Although they are putting us all up in the Ashford International hotel which is supposed to be decent.)

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Your having us on, you just put on a buffet of all the flavours of crisps no one wants to eat

they are free in our office , at that price , I've yet to find a flavour no one wants  !!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

they are free in our office , at that price , I've yet to find a flavour no one wants  !!

If they eat the fish and chip ones or the builders breakfast ones from the other year, they need their bumps felt :mrgreen:

Â