NBA

maqroll

On 28/02/2020 at 13:13, Hornso said:

This is a totally uninformed opinion, but Chicago I feel should never be a team that has to rebuild for too long because the city should be an attractive proposition for Free Agents. I know this doesn't guarantee success but it also provides a quick platform to being competitive. 

I know it can depend where on where the superstars are currently but the teams in Los Angeles/New York/Brooklyn/Miami/San Francisco & Chicago should be able to attract free agent talent that your cities like Detroit/Milwaukee/Portland and many others can't. 

Not sure I'm on the same page with this one, free agency, perhaps, I'm not sure, but ball is life my friend, unless you're partial to the fans from a certain city, guys want to play and win.

Not sure it's the same as with football, where the big city lights are the ultimate attraction and generally the teams based in bigger cities by population end up with the best talent.

I played in a tournament two weeks ago with three guys who averaged 20+ minutes in the NCAA, one who averaged 20ppg in it too, he usually played near 40 minutes.

One of which I had to match up with in the semi-final, and it was the guy who averaged 20ppg, he was in multiple mock drafts and was being looked at seriously by two NBA teams.

That's the thing with the NBA and American basketball in general, it's NBA or bust, and I'm taking the words straight out the mouth of one of those three NCAA standouts.

You might even know who I was having this conversation with, as he played for Geelong Supercats and Corio Bay, Anthony Kimble? His words a fortnight ago. NBA or bust.

I'm actually playing in a higher division than Kimble for the season starting tomorrow, and I've never been paid for basketball outside of winning streetball tournaments.

My point is that you've got guys who are good enough to play NBL, NCAA and put up good numbers, some even with NBA talent, and they're out in Australia's suburbs grinding away?

Hell, they're sometimes in Australia's suburbs playing third division or fourth division!

I guess all I'm saying is that there's 30 teams that will pay your bills in America, otherwise you go overseas.

In England alone, you can earn $30,000AUD playing League Two football, that's per week!!!

• 1 month later...
On 29/04/2020 at 08:05, Hornso said:

Any The Last Dance thoughts?

I'm only three episodes in.

Honestly, who hits 63 points against that '86 Celtics team in a playoff game? (I don't think LeBron has ever hit over 50 against a team with a winning record, certainly never in playoffs)

Pippen contract situation was interesting. Penny Hardaway gets a deal worth double what Pippen is offered. Both Top 5 draft picks, though Penny is a rookie, Pippen a NBA Champion.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ja my God. I'm seeing him for the first time there, thanks.

That's like a composed, poised and efficient Westbrook, only with the finesse to finish, not just the explosive force to power home.

Me likey!

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I checked the schedule for a Bulls game only to come to the realisation we weren't even invited back. That's how up to speed I am all things NBA.

Welcome to the outcast club!

Don’t worry, there’s talk of a pointless, second hun for Chicago, Detroit and all the other outcasts.

• Thanks 1

Â