NBA

maqroll

On 19/08/2019 at 18:46, AVTuco said:

Funny how scores seem a lot lower in the Worlds pre-matches than in the NBA. Anyone care to explain?

At a guess it's down to the quality of scorers on court and the fact that more training is done at club level.

When I play domestic we hit between 40-80 points pg per side. When I play professionally each team would typically hit between 70-110 pg.

Higher percentage scorers and offense structured to make the most of that means more successful attempts from one play to the next.

Sometimes at the Olympics a team will score as low as 50 points, whereas in the NBA an individual is more likely to score that than a team.

20 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I'd take a 35 win season right now just to show some improvement. Detroit got in with 41 but I'm not sure we have the depth to go .500 just yet. 

If Lavine or Markks miss a prolonged period then it ain't happening but if everybody stays healthy and we get some actual PG play then you never know. Could sneak 8th seed.

Totally agree with LaVine and Markonnen comment. Valentine's back isn't he? Which isn't a big inclusion, but a definite plus.

You know Coby White got votes in the most categories of any rookie (he was tied with one other) for the upcoming season in regard to Rookie of The Year.

He polled votes in each of these categories (voted by his peers): Rookie of The Year, Best Career, Biggest Steal, Best Defender and Best Playmaker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have to recommend the latest in ESPN 30 for 30 Podcasts. Season 5 is called The Sterling Affairs and is 5 parts. Fascinating insight into Donald Sterling, his tenure as Owner of the Clippers and how it all fell apart due to his racist ways.

• Like 2

Tim Hardaway is running a clinic 30 minutes from where I live this coming Saturday, that's very tempting.

I play my game Saturday evening and it's 1st vs 2nd in the final game of regular season. Winner takes top spot.

Might head down and learn from one of the finest crossovers of all time and then rock some new moves that evening.

I'm playing against Ben Simmons half brother who is a 6'7 shooting guard who averages 30ppg over here.

Have a guess who's got to guard him? Yeah, I'm also shooting guard, only I stand at a towering 6ft. Hope that help defense is ready!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Tim Hardaway is running a clinic 30 minutes from where I live this coming Saturday, that's very tempting.

I play my game Saturday evening and it's 1st vs 2nd in the final game of regular season. Winner takes top spot.

Might head down and learn from one of the finest crossovers of all time and then rock some new moves that evening.

I'm playing against Ben Simmons half brother who is a 6'7 shooting guard who averages 30ppg over here.

Have a guess who's got to guard him? Yeah, I'm also shooting guard, only I stand at a towering 6ft. Hope that help defense is ready!

Good luck @A'Villan

• Thanks 1

On 28/08/2019 at 09:46, Hornso said:

Good luck @A'Villan

Here's a clip of the guy I have to guard tonight. I've been doing my homework and I got this guy on lock. I know how to play him now..

Kick him in the nuts so hard he can't play. I receive a simple personal foul and we go on to win the game. Flawless right?

Edited by A'Villan

• 2 weeks later...

US crashes out from the World Championships in the quarter finals against France.

Their first loss in 48 games.

Not a particularly strong US team but still.

I imagine they will go all in for the 2020 Olympics now.

Edited by sne

40 minutes ago, sne said:

US crashes out from the World Championships in the quarter finals against France.

All the big guns dropped out but they should still have enough about them !

Popovich OUT !

No one has teams popping swishes like Gregg Pop'a'swish Popovich.

17 hours ago, sne said:

Australia undefeated throughout the World Cup and into the semi finals to play against Spain, who I'm surprised don't have Ibaka. I like our chances.

Iguodala to either Clippers or Lakers I hear.

Just to add, there's a number of teams in the World Cup capable of beating that USA side on their day.

Aside from Kemba Walker and Donovan Mitchell the USA didn't really play anyone distinctly better than what France had to offer scorer-wise.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a long shot but I am wondering if anybody on the forum has a contact in the top tier of English basketball?

Or if anyone even has enough of an interest in the league to give me some insight that would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Â