NBA

maqroll

On 01/07/2019 at 19:17, kurtsimonw said:

We get to have a team that isn't the worst in the league for the 3rd time in half a century!

Not a fan of Kyrie, though.

Neither am I. Could be for entirely different reasons.

Don't get me wrong, I have to acknowledge his game, his performance in THAT Cleveland comeback finals series was every bit as influential and stellar as James'.

I just compare his best asset which is his handles to other players in the league and I personally think, and could provide analysis to backup, he overdoes it.

Curry is so much more purposeful and poised when handling the ball, and yet it's not even Curry's greatest asset.

If I want to be entertained by someone's technical dribbling skills, I'll watch Bone Collector, Hot Sauce, Professor, any of the AND1 guys do their thing.

• Like 2

WOW! Kawhi to Clippers, along with Paul George who wanted to be traded there.

So now:

LAL Lebron, AD

LAC Kawhi, PG

GS Curry, Russell, Klay (when fit)

Nuggets going to be better

Rockets with Haeden, Paul

West will be wild. 

On 21/06/2019 at 03:56, A'Villan said:

@Brumerican What's there to look forward to regarding the Bulls?

Thaddeus Young and Satoransky are pretty decent pick ups , Arcidiacono is back for 3 years and Gafford looked good alongside White in the Summer League.

Bulls could be a 7th or 8th seed if all things go well.

• Thanks 1

My brother told me some reports about KD's transfer which have only increased my respect for Steph Curry and make KD seem quite opportunistic, and even rude.

Curry flies to meet KD wanting to speak to him before KD makes his decision. One hour from Curry's arrival KD puts pen to paper. Curry keeps relations positive regardless.

Then there was also KD telling certain players he was going to sign at a specific club, and encouraged them to do the same, only to go elsewhere without notice.

I don't pretend to know what actually happened or why, but man, some people do some strange and funny things in my mind.

Why not wait an hour to hear what an NBA legend, pioneer, maverick, leader, champion, teammate (and whatever else) has to say to you, especially when it's clear he values you.

Why not drop a line to those friends of yours that you've invited to join you at a club, to say that you've had a change of heart.

It's nice to be remembered and respected. Whether it's a greeting, birthday, legacy.. KD about KD it seems!

Much respect for Curry's skill and conduct. Plus his relationship with his wife makes me smile.

@Brumerican Watching those highlights, White's defending reminds me of Pippen's. Just in the sense they are both lock down.

Excellent at working hard, doesn't give an inch, closes down angles, good or even better peripheral vision, reads potential trapping situations well.

Always within arms reach of his man, uses footwork to win the contest and doesn't hand check his opponent's hip..

Off the ball good help defense and just always making an honest effort at an intense level.

Impressed.

Not a bad ally-oop to start the show as well. I didn't think that was going to come off, but he placed it as he meant it.

I got roasted by my coach for making a one handed pass to the low post from the point one time. One of the hardest passes to make in the game he says.

That's exactly what White just gone and done, only he alleys it too, when 2 or maybe 3 Lakers players might've made a read to intercept, White was sharp as in that scenario.

Could have a dime on him.

• Like 1

nice free agency period for sac. we made a move for al horford but  he didn't fancy it in the end. it's cool that he actually considered it though. dewayne dedmon replaces cauley-stein at the 5 and trevor ariza comes in as a nice option from the bench.

betting on another year of improvement from the young core of fox, bagley and hield.

6 hours ago, A'Villan said:

My brother told me some reports about KD's transfer which have only increased my respect for Steph Curry and make KD seem quite opportunistic, and even rude.

Curry flies to meet KD wanting to speak to him before KD makes his decision. One hour from Curry's arrival KD puts pen to paper. Curry keeps relations positive regardless.

Then there was also KD telling certain players he was going to sign at a specific club, and encouraged them to do the same, only to go elsewhere without notice.

I don't pretend to know what actually happened or why, but man, some people do some strange and funny things in my mind.

Why not wait an hour to hear what an NBA legend, pioneer, maverick, leader, champion, teammate (and whatever else) has to say to you, especially when it's clear he values you.

Why not drop a line to those friends of yours that you've invited to join you at a club, to say that you've had a change of heart.

It's nice to be remembered and respected. Whether it's a greeting, birthday, legacy.. KD about KD it seems!

Much respect for Curry's skill and conduct. Plus his relationship with his wife makes me smile.

Yeah, according to the Bill Simmons Podcast, Curry was flying from Beijing to speak to him, so it's not like it was just West Coast to East Coast. Coming halfway around the world and he couldn't even wait an additional hour.

• Thanks 1

On 07/07/2019 at 20:15, A'Villan said:

I can't imagine this was true. You don't end up with 2 stars being announced at the same time if one of them was a short notice thing. From what I've read in to the Nets moves before officially signing KD, and the subsequent move for DeAndre, it seems like KD to the Nets has been fairly nailed on for a while.

I do love how Dolan tried to save face by losing KD to us saying "We didn't offer him the maximum" and it turned out, neither did the Nets as we needed space for DeAndre. 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2019 at 03:23, Brumerican said:

Crazy when you think about it.

Image result for ibaka westbrook harden durant

Really is crazy, hey. I remember when it was Seattle who finished with the best record only to be eliminated in the playoffs by the 8th seed.

Sonics/Thunder not exactly known for fulfilling promise. Might be a bit harsh, but they certainly had the potential to go all the way.

That said, I'll take  Greg Popaswish's superstar team over a team of superstars every time though.

I'd also take the Seattle Supersonics' era of Payton, Hawkins, Schrempf and Kemp over those four too.

Â