NBA

maqroll

18 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I'm pulling a Xela and jumping ship. 

Go Lakers.

If Xela means an Achilles tendon then, and you really did jump ship.

Then you are KD in disguise and I claim my $5!

I'll get my coat..

@Brumerican What's there to look forward to regarding the Bulls?

I've always enjoyed watching Markkanen play, bit sad that he is often given the ball in the backcourt.

Says a lot about our strategy and ability to work as a team outfit when the center is bringing the ball up.

Also, I am hearing that Lakers got ripped off in the trade for AD. I wouldn't really know. But it should make next season more interesting in any case.

LBJ is 34 and AD is a only just entering maturity as a NBA player. They could contest the title if they get the chemistry right for another 2-3 years. Given GSW's predicament.

You've got an excellent selection of contenders for next season as far as I'm aware. Houston, GSW, Milwaukee, Denver, Portland, Lakers, Sixers, maybe Toronto again..

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

@Brumerican

You've got an excellent selection of contenders for next season as far as I'm aware. Houston, GSW, Milwaukee, Denver, Portland, Lakers, Sixers, maybe Toronto again..

Dallas will be interesting with Doncic and Porzingis.

33 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I suppose the Thunder probably deserve a mention too.

I was told Chris Paul will leave Houston today because he fell out with Harden.

That's gotta be a fatal blow to title chances, I would've thought.

Both Harden and Paul are superstars looking for their first title.

Add Gordon to the mix and you've got one hell of an offensive threat.

Oh well..

Edit:

@Brumerican apparently Coby White is going to be a beast!

Edited by A'Villan

Harden and Paul haven't spoken in months and they don't really work well together anyway. 

In reflection I am not jumping ship rather I am just adding another.

Looking for a Bulls / Lakers half and half scarf.😁

15 hours ago, A'Villan said:

@Brumerican What's there to look forward to regarding the Bulls?

I've always enjoyed watching Markkanen play, bit sad that he is often given the ball in the backcourt.

I love Marks and Arcy but we need a PG badly and hopefully Coby White can contribute straight away as I'm fed up of watching Lavine trying to create when the whole world knows his best game is inside the paint.  I won't pretend to know a thing about any college players not named Zion, Morant or Barrett as I only watch March Madness highlights and the NCG, but I love the White highlights I've seen so far. 

I'm meh on Otto and Carter and we obviously got the wrong Lopez brother so White needs to be amazing out of the box or the Bulls will be drafting high again next year (rinse and repeat).

• Like 1

@Brumerican The scout report of White being a beast is coming from non-Bulls fans whom I scrimmage with once a week.

These guys know the game and play at an elite standard themselves, so when they are in agreement that White will be a 'beast' my ears perk up. Here's hoping.

I was going to mention 'Arcy' but can never remember his name in full. I like the simplicity in his game. Never overdoes things, solid shooter as well as knowing when to shoot.

LaVine, I have honestly seen less than an hour of play, but never really been inspired. I preferred Butler from what I've seen, but that might be revealing my ignorance.

I don't pay enough attention to know what the strategy and hierarchy is like at the Bulls, and I doubt I will unless someone give a summary and spells it out for me in lay terms.

Surely we're a bit more considered than striking a favourable outcome through the draft. If not, it'll be a while before we're contenders in the East again.

I would have no complaints about a system which has parallels to Denver's, only to the extent that Markkanen can be our Jokic and have some capable up and comers surround him.

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

@A'Villan

Seems to have a bit of everything looking at this. He can nail those step back 3's, there's some lovely Bird/Maravich touch passes in there and he can attack the rim too.

LOVE the pace and aggression to his game in that reel, complimented by sound technical ability and fundamentals. Seems to have a very strong all-round offensive game.

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

@Brumerican The scout report of White being a beast is coming from non-Bulls fans whom I scrimmage with once a week.

These guys know the game and play at an elite standard themselves, so when they are in agreement that White will be a 'beast' my ears perk up. Here's hoping.

I was going to mention 'Arcy' but can never remember his name in full. I like the simplicity in his game. Never overdoes things, solid shooter as well as knowing when to shoot.

LaVine, I have honestly seen less than an hour of play, but never really been inspired. I preferred Butler from what I've seen, but that might be revealing my ignorance.

I don't pay enough attention to know what the strategy and hierarchy is like at the Bulls, and I doubt I will unless someone give a summary and spells it out for me in lay terms.

Surely we're a bit more considered than striking a favourable outcome through the draft. If not, it'll be a while before we're contenders in the East again.

I would have no complaints about a system which has parallels to Denver's, only to the extent that Markkanen can be our Jokic and have some capable up and comers surround him.

If White's game translates he does appear to be exactly what we need. A 6"5' PG who can score in multiple ways , has great vision and can handle contact . I think he'll be a 2+1 machine and should get double digit assists regularly. He doesn't look bad on D either. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Brumerican said:

The Pelicans could be dark horses too . 

Ball, Ingram , Hart , Zion and Holiday will cause teams problems when they gel.

7 hours ago, villa89 said:

Surprised Harden didn't get MVP.

Bit of a flat track bully who doesn't even pretend to defend . Giannis is a 2 way monster.

I'd have give it to my man Alex Caruso just because he looks like a player's dad just walked on court. 

12 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

KD, Irving and DeAndre Jordan to Brooklyn. What on Earth is happening?

We get to have a team that isn't the worst in the league for the 3rd time in half a century!

Not a fan of Kyrie, though.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Looks at Knicks roster...

Did they think they could get KD and Kyrie? It's going to be a serious face plant if the  nets live up to expectations and the Knicks lose 82 games by more than 20 points  

Â