NBA

maqroll

On 19/10/2018 at 20:47, Brumerican said:

Far too many games really so each individual game doesn't seem that important . 

I think that's why I prefer the 9 minute highlight videos on youtube the next day. I just want to see the best plays by the best players.

Watching your own team's  games in full 82 times seems like a tedious slog. I'd rather watch 5 minutes of LeBron than 48 minutes of the Bulls.

Yup. 82 games is crazy but it keeps the revenue up in the league. 

Go Bucks! 

On 20/10/2018 at 06:47, Brumerican said:

Far too many games really so each individual game doesn't seem that important . 

I think that's why I prefer the 9 minute highlight videos on youtube the next day. I just want to see the best plays by the best players.

Watching your own team's  games in full 82 times seems like a tedious slog. I'd rather watch 5 minutes of LeBron than 48 minutes of the Bulls.

I'm a Bulls fan because of the Jackson/Jordan era and I would love to get excited about and pay attention  to the clubs season but I haven't been able to do it since Derrick Rose was around.

Even watching Jimmy Butler drop 40 odd points didn't really do it for me. There's too much prolonged stoppage time for me to stay interested unless a match is heavily contested.

I play in Australia's third tier and love the sport 'til death but I generally only watch 2 or 3 NBA games in a season, I prefer to spectate football than basketball. Villa is the only team worldwide in any sport that I actually watch weekly.

I have been watching some clips of Kobe's 'Detail' which is really cool to get his insights on how the game can be played.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Villa is the only team worldwide in any sport that I actually watch weekly.

Thoughts and prayers are with you. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

@Hornso Do you know anyone from the Geelong Supercats SEABL team? A friend of mine plays there.

No, not personally. I work/worked with a couple of guys who were involved with the team in the 90s. Also I went to school with Nick Owusu who has been involved with the team for many years but he wouldn't know who I am.

Looking through their roster on their website, I know of Luxford as he played AFL down here before joining the Supercats and I'm guessing Kris Blicavs is related to Mark Blicavs. Apart from that I recognise Nathan Friend, Nathan Herbert & Jamie Medved as guys who have been involved with the team for a long time. Who's your mate if you don't mind me asking?

10 minutes ago, Hornso said:

No, not personally. I work/worked with a couple of guys who were involved with the team in the 90s. Also I went to school with Nick Owusu who has been involved with the team for many years but he wouldn't know who I am.

Looking through their roster on their website, I know of Luxford as he played AFL down here before joining the Supercats and I'm guessing Kris Blicavs is related to Mark Blicavs. Apart from that I recognise Nathan Friend, Nathan Herbert & Jamie Medved as guys who have been involved with the team for a long time. Who's your mate if you don't mind me asking?

Ma'alo Hicks. 6"8" Samaon. Absolute gem of a bloke but haven't seen him since his move down to Geelong to live with his partner.

Won a few rings with Corio Bay in recent years before returning to SEABL with Geelong. Won the last three Prahran Summer Jams too.

Edited by A'Villan

17 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Ma'alo Hicks. 6"8" Samaon. Absolute gem of a bloke but haven't seen him since his move down to Geelong to live with his partner.

Won a few rings with Corio Bay in recent years before returning to SEABL with Geelong. Won the last three Prahran Summer Jams too.

Oh yeah, I think I played some rec league basketball against him a few years ago. It was obvious he was far superior to everyone so he took it pretty easy and still dominated.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Oh yeah, I think I played some rec league basketball against him a few years ago. It was obvious he was far superior to everyone so he took it pretty easy and still dominated.

Online critics have said that is the story of his career, taking it easy I mean. Apparently was offered a place at UCLA and many U.S colleges and also had interest from the NBL.

Very talented no matter which way you look at it. There's more to life than professional sport and as far as the person goes he's got heart and is very kind.

We used to watch Jordan videos at my place, have 3pt contests and play 1vs1. Being 8 inches taller than me if he wanted a bucket he'd just back me down in the post. I won most of the 3pt contests. He tried to get me a trial with Nunawading Spectres at SEABL level, just as I was finding my feet again in the game after a 5 year break. I still catch up with his brother who's still local to me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

41 and still a bad dude.

I don't want to take the limelight away from Vince here. He is a special player.

But this is just another example of how great Jordan really was. Jordan averaged just under 20ppg at age 40.

On 17/11/2018 at 05:58, Brumerican said:

Lakers are looking good whilst the wheels are falling of at GSW.

LeBron has turned JaVale McGee into a player.

Three-peats are very hard. I'm not following the NBA at the moment but GSW need to sort it out and soon if they want to make history.

Am I right in thinking that only the Celtics (Russell), Bulls (Jordan) and Lakers (Kobe and Shaq) have achieved it in the games history?

From what I hear the raptors are a dark horse side for the championship this season?

18 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Three-peats are very hard. I'm not following the NBA at the moment but GSW need to sort it out and soon if they want to make history.

Am I right in thinking that only the Celtics (Russell), Bulls (Jordan) and Lakers (Kobe and Shaq) have achieved it in the games history?

From what I hear the raptors are a dark horse side for the championship this season?

I've only seen the Raptors play once but they look like a balanced team of grafters with a touch of flair .   The Clippers look good and GSW will be fine when Steph is back to full fitness. Durant and Green are going to have to suck it up mind you. 

Whilst technically Chicago are my team I'll happily admit I'm watching the Lakers far more than the Bulls.  They have had dips like Orlando, but they really are getting it together as the season goes on . There were loads of plays against the Pacers where everyone looked on the same wavelength and they were busting guts to cover team mates' mistakes. Javale McGee stopped a 4 man transition by himself !😀   I love watching LeBron play PG and ignore the coach but I fear he'll get burned out being on the ball so much. 

Sidenote... Donovan Mitchell is ridiculous.

• Like 1

On 01/12/2018 at 06:28, Brumerican said:

I've only seen the Raptors play once but they look like a balanced team of grafters with a touch of flair .   The Clippers look good and GSW will be fine when Steph is back to full fitness. Durant and Green are going to have to suck it up mind you. 

Whilst technically Chicago are my team I'll happily admit I'm watching the Lakers far more than the Bulls.  They have had dips like Orlando, but they really are getting it together as the season goes on . There were loads of plays against the Pacers where everyone looked on the same wavelength and they were busting guts to cover team mates' mistakes. Javale McGee stopped a 4 man transition by himself !😀   I love watching LeBron play PG and ignore the coach but I fear he'll get burned out being on the ball so much. 

Sidenote... Donovan Mitchell is ridiculous.

I criticise LeBron all the time for the amount of time he spends on the ball.

'86 Celtics were the epitome of team basketball and saw the Spurs dynasty modeled to be like them. Likewise the 80's Lakers were notorious for the passing game of Magic. The UntouchaBulls dynasty was achieved through the trust placed on the supporting cast of Jordan and the team tactics of coach Jackson. The Pistons could have enjoyed a dynasty and were no doubt collective outfit. Even the Lakers' three-peat side had to work as a team despite it having the leagues two best players in Shaq and Kobe. Now we see a GSW team carving up the competition and making full use of the five players on court. Klay Thompson's 60 point game a prime example of this, he held the ball for a total of 90 seconds.

It's a team game. Apart from a Miami Heat team which you could argue should have seen more success, LeBron has failed to achieve in a team setting.

Just watched Lakers v Heat game and I kept laughing that the graphics guy who had spelled Dwayne Wade as Dwyane Wade  all through the game.

Then I googled it because ESPN also made the same mistake after the game.

That's when I found out his name is actually Dwyane Wade.

WTF ?  Dwyane is Welsh for Dianne FFS !😂

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

LBJ came out and declared he is the GOAT.

His reasoning is flawed and by his own logic, would have Kyrie Irving as his equal as GOAT.

I love LBJ on and off the court.

Seriously though dude, there's a reason you wear the number 23. Remember why.

Be humble or be humbled.

Personally I think LBJ doesn't have as much determination or aggression as either Jordan or Kobe.

Jordan never left the Bulls. Kobe was also essentially a one club man. Having never played a game for the team that drafted him.

Neither were 1st picks. Yet both earned their teams a place in the discussion for GOAT.

What LBJ team is even in that discussion? None. It's all about HIS legacy. But it was the untouchaBULLS dynasty.

There's no 'I' in 'TEAM'. There is however a 'ME', which is nothing without knowing where it's 'AT', is. Where it's at is in the combined 'TEAM'.

Â