Pre-match thread

BOF

30 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Heading down to Brum for this one, not really sure why as I expect to be treated to 90 minutes of woeful football.

1-1 with us dominating first half but creating little then doing our usual 2nd half thing.

you realist you:)

I would take a draw if offered now to be fair, but I do think we will win this one. We have enough defensively and enough going forward to sneak it.

We are top of the form table over the last 6 games even with the WWFC loss, and were 3rd over ten games so we’re still an ‘in form’ team as far as I can see. And we’re at home, and Kodjia is getting back to full fitness, Snodgrass is getting better each game, Hourihane has come on a lot this season, Adomah is unplayable on his day... I think we’ll win. 

2-0 Kodjia and Adomah (possibly one of which being penno).

19 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t think we should make big changes, we have a side that have been working well together, so I think we should stick with it. I would start:

Johnstone

Elmo.          Chester            Terry           Hutton

Snodgrass   Hourihane   Whelan     Adomah

Kodjia           Davis

I suspect he will go with that.

But, oh my, there's a lot of years in that team.

17 hours ago, AshVilla said:

3 Points.

No excuses, over to you Bruce.

Agreed. We really need to be winning this one. It's Fulham, for God's sake. It is not even Wolves or Cardiff, never mind Barcelona.

If we cannot win this one, no way can we be promoted.

36 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

A couple of weeks ago you’d have called me negative. You’ve changed ;)

Not so much changed,but

I think its fair to say i was giving him time to impliment the remedy for the flaws that i could see game to game.

I understood the magnititude of the job, not just where we are, but we have been going for the last 6 or 7 years or more.I also appreciated the rot that had set in, in conceding so easily and one way or another he has stemmed that.

but there are still fundamentals for me that have not appeared to be fixed and have no sign of being fixed, despite the balance of the team looking better( albeit centre mid still does not look formidable enough for me to create any damage in this league)

To be fair i did say in my earlier posts, supporting him.....my support is not unconditional, it was always based on giving him enough time to do the job.

I fear he may have taken us as far as he can.

I see perhaps better players coming in, marginally, but  i don't see any of them ( outside the kids) developing/ improving  their skills.

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I suspect he will go with that.

But, oh my, there's a lot of years in that team.

Its the lack of legs that worry me.....perhaps the Wolves game was a one off....fingers firmly crossed.

it does seem to be a paradox with us.....the kids are inexperienced and the experienced have no legs.

;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Really not good enough, though, Tro. I really think this is a must win, to give us any chance.

Oh, i agree....just saying what i think it will be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Its the lack of legs that worry me.....perhaps the Wolves game was a one off....fingers firmly crossed.

it does seem to be a paradox with us.....the kids are inexperienced and the experienced have no legs.

;)

A mixture is good, but I think we are heavy on the veteran side.

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

A mixture is good, but I think we are heavy on the veteran side.

Me too....i think we lack conviction too, but lets see what today brings.

The wind might blow it in for us.:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I'm taking the missus to the game today because my son is currently in Barcelona for tonights game against Malaga. 

Something tells me he might get to watch a slightly higher standard of football. 

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm taking the missus to the game today because my son is currently in Barcelona for tonights game against Malaga. 

Something tells me he might get to watch a slightly higher standard of football. 

"Might" being the operative word

my better half is a season ticket holder with me.....can't even change the subject when i get home.:)

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

"Might" being the operative word

my better half is a season ticket holder with me.....can't even change the subject when i get home.:)

He is currently telling every Barcelona fan he meets about this world class scottish fullback we have. 

I've made sure his trip is business aswell as pleasure :P