Pre-match thread

BOF

Saturday 3pm kick off at Villa Park.  The only non-Sky match sandwiched between 3 televised matches.  Obviously because this one is a home match :rant: 

The referee will be Mike Jones.  This will be his first ever game refereeing us in the Championship.  He's usually a Premier League referee.

I'm expecting a good reaction to the Wolves result.  There had better be!

Fulham have turned a corner similar to our own.  After a poor start of 3 draws and a defeat, they've since gone on a run of 1 defeat in 8 and have climbed to 9th in the league.  More relevantly, they currently sit 2nd in the away league with 11pts from 6 games (Wolves 13pts from 6).

I expect our unbeaten home run will continue.  I hope for a win but I'm expecting a 1-1 draw.

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I would go:

Johnstone
Elmo Chester Terry Hutton
Onomah O'Hare Hourihane
Snodgrass Kodjia Adomah

1-1 draw I reckon.

Dropping Davis is dangerous as it means dropping the man who brings our attacking midfielders into play.  I'd also not expect us to go with 1 forward at home any more.  I do think Onomah should get a chance instead of Whelan though, and I thtink O'Hare needs another run-out.  He was lightning last night against Wolves by all accounts.  So, yeah I like your team, but I don't think we go with it.

• Like 1

I would like

SJ

Elmo Chester Terry RDL

Snodgrass Onamah Hourihane Adomah

Davis Kodjia

Subs

Steer Bree Samba Whelan O‘hare Hogan + a.nother (no Hutton or Gaby)

We should be pressing from the front our MF tucked in a little narrow so FB‘s can support.

But I believe Bruce will go with Hutton LB Whelan DM He‘ll drop Hourihane for Thor aswell and we will lose

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Dropping Davis is dangerous as it means dropping the man who brings our attacking midfielders into play.  I'd also not expect us to go with 1 forward at home any more.  I do think Onomah should get a chance instead of Whelan though, and I thtink O'Hare needs another run-out.  He was lightning last night against Wolves by all accounts.  So, yeah I like your team, but I don't think we go with it.

All valid points.  The only other option I can see is to drop Snodgrass or Adomah and play Kodja on the left. 

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

All valid points.  The only other option I can see is to drop Snodgrass or Adomah and play Kodja on the left. 

Might as well wave the white flag if we do that. I think we will be unchanged to be honest

• Like 1

I think he'll be reluctant to play 4-4-2 again for a while. Fulham are another one of those 'upper class' sides that are capable of fighting in and around where we want to be. This fixture isn't a gimme. I predict that Bruce will pack the midfield as his experimenting begins again. I further predict that the performance will be what we usually 'expect' from a Bruce team. I see a Forest performance coming where a moment of genius free kick delivered a result... It's most unlikely to be a Burton or Barnsley away second half performance.

If we get a result, we will be huffing and puffing ourselves over the line to a draw.

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I love how sky are again not showing many home games of us just like last year but all away games.  Its like they get pleasure out of seeing/hoping we lose. Thia game should be on tv

**** sky

although I agree with the sentiment F*** Sky.

If you were Skys programming director would you want to show Bruce-ball under your responsibilty to attractive viewing?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

If you were Skys programming director would you want to show Bruce-ball under your responsibilty to attractive viewing?

We're on loads of away games so your logic here fails, quite transparently I might add.  It's nothing to do with our style.  It's about viewing figures with Sky.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

although I agree with the sentiment F*** Sky.

Yeah what Bri said. They dont like showing us at home (where are our record is good) but continously show us away. They chose to show the blose game at the sty but ignored the game at villa park.  

Its so blatent someone at sky dont like us

As a season ticket holder, I can't speak for everyone of course. But I'd rather see the away games I can't get to on Sky, than the home games I am always at. It's a crooked logic, but a good way for me to see my team where otherwise I might not be able to without looking for an illicit stream.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

As a season ticket holder, I can't speak for everyone of course. But I'd rather see the away games I can't get to on Sky, than the home games I am always at. It's a crooked logic, but a good way for me to see my team where otherwise I might not be able to without looking for an illicit stream.

Yeah i see from that point of view but from my own circumstance  i cant get to alot of home games living outside brum.  It would make a change to watch a home game when we dont get biased commentating for the home side against us amd always showing us struggling away from home.

Why not show us at home vs Sheffield Wednesday for example? You can bet they will show the one at Hillsborough again.

• Sad 1

Johnstone

Elmo           Terry           Chester        Hutton

Whelan

Onomah        Hourihane

Adomah                                          Snodgrass

Kodjia 

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Johnstone

Elmo           Terry           Chester        Hutton

Whelan

Onomah        Hourihane

Adomah                                          Snodgrass

Kodjia 

Big call to drop davis for onomah. I would probably uae this team vs blose

Edited by Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah what Bri said. They dont like showing us at home (where are our record is good) but continously show us away. They chose to show the blose game at the sty but ignored the game at villa park.  

Its so blatent someone at sky dont like us

I imagine it's literally nothing to do with whether anyone at Sky likes us or not.

• Like 2

I don't think Bruce will change anything. I can see him saying that the players need a chance to put it behind them so will go with the same team. 

I would shake it up. Until Wolves the results were good but performances weren't that good so I'd go 

SJ

RDL Chester Terry Hutton

Snodgrass Onomah Hourihane Adomah 

Davis Hogan 

Steer Whelan Grealish OHare Kodija Samba Lyden 

Kodija needs a kick up the arse. Lyden deserves to be involved. Grealish would be good last 15 if needed.