Match Thread: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Bruce has done a good job for the last 4 games but this game proves that we aren't really ready to challenge to top 2.

I can't remember the last time we played like Wolves are playing tonight, and the Wolves boss has been there a lot less time than Bruce has managed us. They've probably spent as much as we have in the last 12 months but have used it so much better than we have.

All a bit meh really.

• Like 2

There is nothing to worry about with Wolves.....However we are awful, just putting bodies in front of the ball.....our ball retention is shocking.

their goal was coming, even the tea lady could see that.

We are the problem not Wolves.

flat as a witches tit.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TrentVilla said:

But we have a poor manager turning out tripe like this.

I don't disagree that we ought to be looking better, and apart from a few games recently, we generally haven't.

I think it's naïve, or blinkered, to think that Wolves aren't a very good side though.  They have some superb players, and a better manager.

I don't think we disagree on either of those points - or at least I don't get the impression that you believe in the entitlement mentality that seems to be popping up throughout this thread.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Bruce has done a good job for the last 4 games but this game proves that we aren't really ready to challenge to top 2.

I can't remember the last time we played like Wolves are playing tonight, and the Wolves boss has been there a lot less time than Bruce has managed us. They've probably spent as much as we have in the last 12 months but have used it so much better than we have.

All a bit meh really.

He hasn't, we have been crap. We have just played four monumentally crap football teams in that period. We haven't been convincing. Even in the big wins against Barnsley and Burton you could see the flaws in this formation and set up.