Weekends Football 13/15 October/Midweek Football 16/19 October

andykeenan

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Absolutely love Harry Kane - a proper centre forward.  

Can you imagine a Kane in the 2006 world cup squad?  Think with the defenders and midfield from that, with him up top.  Would have been brilliant. 

First line - yes 100% agree, proper old school striker.

Second part - he’d have under performed like every other “star” in that squad and 90% of players in an England shirt since.

I still remember him versus Iceland, he was diabolical.

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, Genie said:

First line - yes 100% agree, proper old school striker.

Second part - he’d have under performed like every other “star” in that squad and 90% of players in an England shirt since.

I still remember him versus Iceland, he was diabolical.

He was but Hodgson had him on free-kick and corner duty. 

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

He was but Hodgson had him on free-kick and corner duty. 

I know completely mid-managed, but the set pieces were dreadful. I’ve no idea what happens to these players when they put an England shirt on.

8 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Absolutely love Harry Kane - a proper centre forward.  

Can you imagine a Kane in the 2006 world cup squad?  Think with the defenders and midfield from that, with him up top.  Would have been brilliant. 

I really rate Kane but for me I think he is at the perfect club and Spurs perfectly suit him. I do think him moving club would be a major risk

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I really rate Kane but for me I think he is at the perfect club and Spurs perfectly suit him. I do think him moving club would be a major risk

I actually think he'd be really good somewhere like bayern, because he really reminds me of lewo. Gotta have him in a 4 3 3 with runners though as his lack of pace will hold him back a touch.

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Kane would do well at Atletico Madrid.

Yes he would but he can do better than them. Anyway when is Costa available, because they really do lack any focal point up front. A must won game today and they showed no urgency until it was too late. A side Chelsea thrashed. 

Yes they have to beat Roma but then still have to go to Chelsea, given that both sides will beat Qarabag at home it come come down to who does better against Chelsea. Its open really between the three of them. But that was  bad bad result for Atletico today after losing at home to Chelsea

Edited by PaulC

Â