Harvey Weinstein

maqroll

22 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Louis CK

Grauniad:

Comedian Louis CK on Friday admitted to masturbating in front of five women, the day after allegations of sexual misconduct against him were made public.

In the statement, which was shared with reporters, CK expressed remorse to the women, whose experiences were reported by the New York Times on Thursday.

“These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true,” CK said.

“But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly.”

On Friday, the distributor of his upcoming film, I Love You, Daddy, canceled the movie’s release and Netflix abandoned plans for a stand-up special.

“There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for,” CK said in a nearly 500-word statement. “And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with.”

In addition to apologizing to the women who accused him of sexual misconduct, CK apologized to the people involved with his professional projects and his loved ones.

“I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want,” CK said. “I will now step back and take a long time to listen.”

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Needs to be some kind of scoring system here, people being accused of serious sexual assault and rape getting bundled together with those accused of a tap on the bum or a flirty text 20 years ago.

Agreed, there are very serious allegations that need to be investigated and the people punished (if true) mixed in with someone placing a hand of a knee or misreading signs and trying to kiss someone 20 years ago. If asking someone out who isn't interested is now sexual harassment then i'm done for!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Agreed, there are very serious allegations that need to be investigated and the people punished (if true) mixed in with someone placing a hand of a knee or misreading signs and trying to kiss someone 20 years ago. If asking someone out who isn't interested is now sexual harassment then i'm done for!

Latest Kevin Hopkins MP accuser, a fellow Labour MP definitely falls into this category 

you know the old mantra of no mean’s no, it seems to have shifted to... I didn’t tell you no, you were meant to know I meant no telepathically, so that means no even though it was never actually said

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Gervais must have known about Louis.

Image result for ricky gervais louis ck

Why? Whilst Louis C. K. was apparently the favourite comedian of numerous comedians, who also did some work together, I'm not sure that necessarily means they must have known everything.

26 minutes ago, brommy said:

Why? Whilst Louis C. K. was apparently the favourite comedian of numerous comedians, who also did some work together, I'm not sure that necessarily means they must have known everything.

I just gave you photographic proof . 

(It's a joke btw...He was Louie's doctor)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Look at Garner and Gervais' faces. They know whats coming when that lift door closes.

Image result for ricky gervais louis ck

Strange that it was such common knowledge that they were able to turn it into a widely understood joke, or perhaps they did it as an inside joke that would make them look 'in the know' once Louis' little perversion was revealed.

Have to say though, their faces do look like they're thinking - *sigh* 'he's going to get his knob out again' .

Edited by brommy
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, brommy said:

Strange that it was such common knowledge that they were able to turn it into a widely understood joke.

His stand up special "2017" is still on UK Netflix . The first half hour is jaw dropping in light of events.

I genuinely think he could top himself.

Â