Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017)

RunRickyRun

39 minutes ago, hogso said:

Yeah, the credit requirement across the board (not just for the best heroes) has been reduced by 75%. I did read, though, that they also reduced the credits you get when you clear the campaign, can't recall by how much though.

75%

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hogso said:

Yeah, the credit requirement across the board (not just for the best heroes) has been reduced by 75%. I did read, though, that they also reduced the credits you get when you clear the campaign, can't recall by how much though.

By 75%....

during the 10 hour trial i earned 30,000 or so which would now bebenough to unlock most of the characters. You get daily login crates,credits for challenges (play 10 mins as 1 classx4, 50 kills with each class, use xxx weapon etc) peoples maths is way off on the claims of 40 hours originally& 10 hours now.There will also be the daily/weekly challenges for more credits the same as in the first game

It's really blowing up in EA's faces this isn't it? They seem pretty defiant on the loot boxes though. I think there a bit of a rift developing between them and DICE too. 

I still say some of it is an overeaction and people commenting before they've played. 

20 hours into Multiplayer, I've got over 65k unused credits and I've used some to upgrade weapons/abilities. I'm not even anywhere near good at it yet either. 

You can only level up by playing and it's only really worth spending credits once you have. You earn a lot from challenges and stuff and they rack up quickly, so by the time you do get to a level where things unlock, you have plenty to play with. You don't need to buy crates. P2W only comes into it, if you really want every class/weapon/ability at max level. If you're selective, you can concentrate on making one or two classes really powerful with in game rewards. 

I'll wait to unlock the old heroes. I'd rather play with Yoda, Rey, Kylo Ren etc anyway, as they are new (Kylo Ren is downright OP on heroes Vs Villains, I played one game today with him and topped the leaderboard. He's insane). 

I hope EA do something drastic about this, because it's a real shame that a lot of people won't play this game because of the MT's. DICE have done a great job. 

I didn't realise before reading a review that the 3 'modes' have been developed by different devs. Criterion (Burnout, Rouge One X-Wing VR) have done the 'Starfighter Assualt' mode which does exactly what it sounds like. That alone would tempt me if I could pick this up for ~£20 in 6/9 months.

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

More spin - they will wait for it to blow over and then enable them again.

Well, yeah - they explicitly say they will in the statement, with some changes. I understand the cynicism, and if they're only off for a week then barely changed it would, and should, lead to more complaints. But, I think this is a very positive change, it really shows the power the buying public can have. 

Having said that, I did read that it took the boss of Disney to phone the boss of ea and say they weren't happy how the complaints were damaging the brand in the end, but some change is better than none. 

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I hate EA.  I feel for DICE.  

Why?

DICE as a business would have agreed to work with them. I like DICE but they need to take some of the heat too imo.

Edited by PieFacE

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Why?

DICE as a business would have agreed to work with them.

DICE as a smaller developer (back in the day, before EA) wanted to work with a huge publisher, to expand their brand quickly and create better games with bigger budgets all whilst making more money, risk free you mean? Why ever would they do that?

It's like being in a band and Sony coming up and saying "we'll give you an album deal" and the band walking away :lol:  

DICE aren't the ones enforcing any transactions, they just make the games with input from EA - EA are the ones asking DICE to put these systems in place.

DICE just want people to play their games and have fun.  I love their games, despite their flaws. 

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

DICE aren't the ones enforcing any transactions, they just make the games with input from EA - EA are the ones asking DICE to put these systems in place.

DICE just want people to play their games and have fun.  I love their games, despite their flaws. 

Any proof of this or just speculating?

I'm sure EA encourage it, not sure how much DICE push against it though.  Though, i'm speculating too.

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Any proof of this or just speculating?

I'm sure EA encourage it, not sure how much DICE push against it though.  Though, i'm speculating too.

Different studios make Battlefield, Battlefield Hardline & Battlefront games, and they have all have payable DLC since DICE was taken over by EA in 2006 (or EA DICE). 

Before that - DICE didn't charge for any further content and actually encouraged 3rd party mods for their games (battlefield 2 being the best example).  Post EA acquisition of DICE, all further content has been put out as a chargeable fee, culminating in Battlefront 2 being a disgusting mix of AAA title (ie £50 for the disc/download) & fruit machine type gambling.  It's gotten worse and worse.  Starting with BF Bad Company releasing the Vietnam and charging for that, to premium passes, to short cut kits on BF games - to Battlefront 2. 

There are reddit posts about it if you look (I can't now).  

• Like 1

Yeah, three developers made SW BF II. I don't think any one of them would have had much input in to the loot box/microtrasactions department as EA themselves. 'You lot make the game, we'll make the money'.

• Like 2

I don't see DICE being in charge of this loot crate decision. When anyone from DICE is asked they give the same pre-canned response of "we looked at user feedback and it's what the players wanted" which just isn't true, but it's said in the same way that any executive at EA would say it. This decision was made by the higher ups the same people that ruined Dead Space 3 and countless other games. If this was on DICE then where were the loot crates in every game they made pre-Battlefield 1? Everything about this feels big business and very EA. 

• Like 1

Â