Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017)

RunRickyRun

£71.99 for the deluxe edition. Jesus wept. 

When you add in the £100 quids worth of loot boxes I'll buy, it's going to be an expensive  weekend next week! 

Agree with you @LakotaDakota on the Hero points system. 

As I said in response to @lapal_fan, I think they could have massively expanded the game content-wise, but retained the feel of the 2015 game. 

It'll be like COD now, the best players will just rinse it every round. In the BETA, I often managed to accrue enough points for a hero, but slower than others and never really got a sniff. I loved the battle droids and jet pack troopers though. Racked up some serious points with them. 

I admit I'm just gonna p2w, I can't be arsed with the grind this time. 

Edited by wazzap24

5 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I admit I'm just gonna p2w, I can't be arsed with the grind this time. 

Urgh don't do that! Everyone should boycott it. It's the only way it will stop. There's plenty of other decent games out there where you don't need to p2w. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogso said:

Don't listen to em Wazz. Follow your hearts true decision. And if that is smashing everyone for the first couple of days, so be it. 

I've talked it through with uncle palpy and he agrees. 

DE1D8C65-B0C1-49F5-9DA5-FE26A27CBFDE-12132-0000071CCF0524DB.jpeg

I used up the 10 hours but will probably just wait until it is free in the vault next year. Too many games in my backlog to play anyway.

Might pick it up if it ends up at £25 or so before xmas in one of the sales and just play through the campaign before selling it on but otheriwse in no real rush

Love Star Wars, love Star Wars games, The Old Republic on PC cost me my marriage such was the addiction.

Loved the first game - real eye candy and it played quite simple, which is good for me knocking on 43 years old.

I'll probably skip this game, despite tempted by the campaign and canon allegedly included in it to help fill some gaps. I can't justify the money on it just for the campaign though. Will wait for a sale. Very reluctant to participate in ANYTHING with EA associated with it. Money grabbing wallet raping words removed. They changed the whole dynamic with The Old Republic with micro-transactions and terribly banal grinds due to a lack of new content. They lost a lot of their game base within three months because of the slow release of content. I won't pay to win, especially on a game that costs 50 sheets. No word removing way.

I can see how it'll be... I'll be there on the front line, second best in the quick draw against a nipper with lightning quick reactions. His daddy has bought him all the P2W goodies and what do I get? Some smug victory emote jig stamping on my corpse. **** off.

Maybe anyone wanting the game and considering waiting for sales instead should get it second hand, that way EA won't get any money from you at all, but you'll still have the game.

• Like 2

The backlash in regards to this is encouraging and quite entertaining, but I wonder how much of a difference it will make to sales. Probably not all that much, but perhaps the in-game purchase stuff won't reach the 'targets' I imagine EA have set.

There's a lot of talk about mass refunds. You have to suspect, it being the internet, that it's all talk and no action.

Until EA literally removed the refund button from the website a couple of hours ago... :lol:

• Like 1

Gave the campaign a go yesterday and it was surprisingly enjoyable. Looked amazing. But could only play the first 3 missions.

So then went and gave multiplayer another go. I absolutely hate it. In most FPS games I can hold my own, from CS:S to BF1 to Halo, I'll usually finish in the top 5 most games but I can't get my head around this game at all. Just feels like a complete mess and i'm so sick of "Heroes" (aka bullet sponges) just running up and wacking me with a lightsaber time after time. It's tiresome.  

Â