Incident in South Kensington

Dr_Pangloss

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Maybe they would or maybe they wouldn't, but it's not a discussion I'd like to enter into. Well hopefully he won't complain too much and realise why they did what they did. I know it's a dangerous game we are entering into, but I'd have an hard time dealing with it if he did.

Which I do understand, but its an interesting discussion and I reckon if it happened to you then you wouldn't dismiss it so readily as people doing what they thought was right. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I agree with you, I think that the climate we're in means that suing people isn't something that should be considered - it's quite easy to see how people will have mistaken this accident for something more sinister and I think you have to give them a pass on that. That said, it doesn't make it right and I don't think that pass should stretch to immunity from prosecution - if they'd broken his arm, then they should face consequences - thankfully, in so far as we know that's not the case here - but we can't allow the hysterical voices in our media to create a fear so great it encourages the law of the mob, it's just not a sensible way to go.

Yes we can't have rules bended here and there because of we thought there was an attack, but common sense should prevail. 

Of course, on the flipside, if he was driving dangerously then he doesn't deserve any sympathy at all. Has dangerous driving been ruled out and it confirmed as a genuine accident?

Edited by Ingram85

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Which I do understand, but its an interesting discussion and I reckon if it happened to you then you wouldn't dismiss it so readily as people doing what they thought was right. 

If that would of been me I'd like to think after the initial shock of the accident then being pinned down I'd have no hard feelings. Infact I'm pretty sure I'd just brush it off and I'd understand. 

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Of course, on the flipside, if he was driving dangerously then he doesn't deserve any sympathy at all. Has dangerous driving been ruled out and it confirmed as a genuine accident?

It's all pretty vague at the moment what actually happened.

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Uber driver, was he actually on the right side of the road?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I mean, yeah, but they won't have to. That's why car insurance is a thing.

Just because he drove dangerously and injured people doesn't give other people the right to pile on.

We don't really have a huge grasp of exactly what happened but it wasn't as if people were giving him a kicking. It's possible that he tried to flee the scene, in which case restraining him would be wholly justified. 

Â